"IGA Fun Runs"
Woo hooo. More fun runs to enter hosted by the local supermarket. I started doing a little seal clap in my mind (yep, I'm known for clapping like a seal when I get excited), until I read the sign again. It actually said "IGA Fun Days".
Have I turned the corner with running that I'm loving it so much that I'm making up non-existent fun runs now? Oh my gosh how funny that was. Either that or I seriously need glasses.
I'm loving running at every opportunity now, little by little. I'm finding my legs are giving out before my lungs though. One of the fellows from my work who is a serious runner has told me to "get more miles in your legs" and it will happen. I think more so, I'm loving the running app I have downloaded. I love to run to that next 5 minutes so the lady inside the app inside my phone inside my pocket, are you following me?? :-) can tell me how far I've run and what my average pace is, so each five minutes I can run that much further and harder and beat my pace. Got to love a psychological competition like that.
The thing I love best of all, is after I run through the gate and up our diveway (to the imaginary cheers of the crowd!!, or at least I know I impress the dogs) that moment when I'm absolutely spent, and wringing wet from sweat, but I feel oh so alive. It's a spectacular feeling.
LOVE THAT! YEAH!!
Just as a shout out: I had a couple of comments recently from someone "Ingi Mc" who invited me to look at her blog. Can you link me up in the comments, would love to see it. Your name link just went to a Google+ site and there were no posts. ???
Just as a shout out: I had a couple of comments recently from someone "Ingi Mc" who invited me to look at her blog. Can you link me up in the comments, would love to see it. Your name link just went to a Google+ site and there were no posts. ???

3 comments:
That's hilarious - love it! And hey, at least you realised before signing up lol.
It's so great you're enjoying it as much as you are! I can really relate to the psychological competition as well.
Happy running! :)
Don't stress about your pace, that will come with improved fitness. You will actually need to decrease your pace to increase your distance initially.
I relate to the new found joy of running though. I used to hate it with a passion as I was forced to do it with football training, but now I really enjoy getting out there and setting new PB's in both time and distance and last night we were working out which fun runs we were going to do.
I was even considering the City to Surf, but it may clash with my son's football.
Keep up the great work and it is awesome watching your transformation.
Oh hello! I thought Blogspot would work better than that! Sorry! Check me out:
http://ingi-onefootinfrontoftheother.blogspot.com.au
Loving following your blog - funny stuff and you post regularly! Winner in my book :-)
Post a Comment