I'm a bit sad to see 2012 finish, it was the year where I started to rediscover myself. I weighed in on Monday so I could know exactly how much weight I had lost last year. 26.1 kilograms gone.
That's 26.1 kilograms of frustration, sadness, embarrassment, pain, and a whole lot of heartache. And funnily enough I don't want to forget any of it. I want to remember it so I know that I have a bright and shining future full of health and vitality and I never have to go back to those feelings due to my weight. They are there, they represent my past, and are something I do want to remember so I can compare it to how amazingly good I feel right now.
And yet I am excited to find out what 2013 will bring. Mish asked us to name our top five goals for 2013, and they didn't have to be weight related. I thought long and hard about them, and this is what I came up with.
MY TOP FIVE GOALS FOR 2013:
1. Get more organised, sometimes I think I'm flying by on a wing and a prayer, I'm organised in some facets of my life, but not others, so I want to be all round organised.
2. More outdoor activities enjoying our beautiful area - hiking, bushwalking, etc.
3. Achieve my goal weight, whatever that may be.
4. Strange one but wear more dresses. I've always been a trousers/jeans/pants girl and I think I wore a dress twice last year (once to my stepson's 18th recently, and once to the finale party). So I'm going to make a considered effort to buy and wear more dresses.
5. Love the person that I am becoming, she's pretty okay!
So right, they are out there into the great universe. I now have to set about and make them happen.
I mentioned that New Years Eve was not just a celebration of the New Year, but also my step-daughter's engagement party. We are usually boring on NYE, stay home, maybe see some friends, watch the fireworks on telly. Not yesterday. We had a fine time, dressing up, dining out, and afterwards watching the fireworks in town. And well I certainly set about to ensure number 4 had a good start on it made.
I had planned to wear the dress I wore to finale to Miss T's engagement party, and yet, it was a tad too big. I delved into my wardrobe and still on the hanger, still with tags, was a beautiful red dress I bought absolutely YEARS ago. It never fitted. It was one of those dresses that was a classic and I hoped that one day I would fit. Yesterday was the day. It fitted perfectly. A quick pic in the front yard before we left.
I FELT A MILLION DOLLARS !!!!!!!!!!!!
A couple of other favourite photos of the night. When you hand your "big girl" camera over to someone else to take a photo you don't know what you're going to come away with, this was the only one that really turned out of all four of us.
Oh did I mention, it was a masquerade party!! Funny thing was we didn't know the colour scheme of what they were wearing, and we matched perfectly.
At midnight we went to watch the fireworks, it wasn't a long show of them, perhaps 4 to 5 minutes. I've never photographed fireworks before and I had done my homework and was thrilled with this shot.
It was the perfect end to the most magical night of the perfect year. All thanks to Mish and 12wbt for giving me the tools, the courage and the belief in myself that I can do it. And continue on doing it. Words cannot even express my gratitude.
Happy New Year everyone.



1 comment:
Love your big girl camera!
Post a Comment