I briefly mentioned support in my last post and I wanted to delve into that a bit more. Yes when you are on any weight loss, healthy, fitness plan it is a solitary venture, no matter if you are part of a bigger group, because ultimately you are responsible for yourself and no one can do this for you.
But what you can do is surround yourself with positivity. The support you can get from friends and loved ones, and heck, total strangers, still amazes me. And if it's not forthcoming of its own accord, I am not backwards in coming forwards and asking for it now.
* Mish and the 12wbt team give us the tools to succeed.
* We have the power in our hands.
* But to have the will to follow it through, takes courage and commitment.
So support comes to me in many forms:
Mish and her videos, I know lots of people do 12wbt each round, but I swear she is talking just to me. :-). It feels like it anyway.
The 12wbt forum and support crew. So much encouragement, and usually no matter what the question or problem there's someone on team who have been there done that and can assist, and in turn I can assist others.
The fabulous girls of the Warrnambool & Surrounds 12wbt crew. Every day checking in with them, supporting each other with our goals, partaking of activities, exercise and meet ups. The support I get from them is second to none.
My bestie Sonia from Tasmania, both going through our own individual journeys on different plans, I can't wait till we see each other again to celebrate our achievements.
This blog and the other blogs I read, it's a great way to connect with others going through the program and the same path. And I've made some new friends through blogging.
My own personal friends from further afield who are going through 12wbt as well ... Yes you Kylie and Trace. Love that you are having successes too.
My friends here in town who don't pressure me to have "just a little bite of this" or "just a little taste of that" even on our girls weekends away.
My mum who may not voice it often but I know she tells everyone who will listen as to my latest fitness exploits and how much I've lost, which I'm sure they are heartily sick of!!
And finally Mike, he has put up with my bad moods, my insecurities, my questions of if my bum looks big in this (there is just no right answer a guy can give to that question), he has waited patiently while I've exercised, eaten the food I've prepared, or made his own dinner if he wanted something else, has listened to me endlessly talking about Mish and 12wbt, and has been in my corner every step of the way.
I think it's important to acknowledge the support I get, because to acknowledge it means I've recognized it and the important role it plays in my continued success.
THANK YOU ALL.
1 comment:
Great post. It's wonderful to stop & reflect on the support we get from those around us - in person & through the "virtual" world.
I count you as one of my supporters Carol, so THANK YOU!!! x
Post a Comment