It's that time for another mini milestone challenge. Other challenges I've done have been group challenges, I've paired up with some other 12wbt'ers and we've climbed mountains, scaled volcano craters, completed PT sessions and done some pretty amazing tasks. This one I'm doing solo. Well kind of, but not, I guess. There are quite a number of the Warrnambool & Surrounds 12wbt crew doing it also, I think at last count about 12 all on their own journeys. But for me this journey is a solo task, one that I said well and truly way back at the start, way back in May last year, that I wanted to run the Surf T Surf.
I remember being at a PT session with my friend Anna, she was striding out on the treadmill and I was gasping for breath on the next treadmill, thinking I wouldn't even make it to 100 metres. I remember pie in the sky stuff saying "hey, I want to do the Surf T Surf next January". Mind you, that was 8 months away, real pie in the sky stuff.
If I remember back then, the look of horror on my husband's face when I boldly announced it to him too. YOU? Run? And yet here I am 8 months later, running!
So for me tomorrow I am entered into the 6K Surf T Surf fun run, perhaps not a huge distance for some, but for me it may as well be a marathon. I've never run 6K in my life. I have no doubt there will be a fair bit of shuffling involved, particularly when I've taken note of all the hills I'm going to have to run. But as one of the group says, it's just one foot in front of the other, oooookay. For me tomorrow is all about finishing and ticking that task/goal/job/promise to myself, whatever I want to call it off my list.
- Running gear all freshly laundered - check.
- Favourite socks sitting tucked into my runners - check.
- Sports bra at the ready - check.
- Bib and timing chip ready to attach - check.
- Petrol in the car to get there (petrol station won't be open on a Sunday that early) - check.
- Non-wedgy-knickers (most important!!) - check.
And now after that bold announcement 8 months ago, my husband is my biggest cheer squad and keeps squashing any doubts that I have that arise from time to time. He will be there watching me take off and still waiting there cheering me when I get back.
Wish me luck that I don't go and burst a foofer valve :-)
Let's hope this is me tomorrow :-)

2 comments:
What a great mini-milestone! All the best with it, Carol :)
and you rocked it Carol... well done...
Post a Comment