Actually if truth be known I would have flagged a lot sooner than I did, and the boxes, even those holding 6 or 8 reams of paper which were darn heavy, I was able to lug up the road. Physically exerted today.
And now the unpacking! Urrgh.
So a bit of a red flag time of it for me. I work in HR and our office is shutting, actually all the regional offices for our company are closing their doors and being swallowed up by a central area in Melbourne. So there's been some fairly stressful times in the past year knowing this was to come to fruition. Thankfully we have been offered other roles, and I'm going from a HR Practitioner (what a fancy schmancy name they call us for Personnel & Payroll Officer) to an Executive Support for the head honcho. So I landed on my feet luckily, to a role I will enjoy.
But still it came to 5pm and even though I was fatigued, I still went to the gym and pounded out 3km on the treadmill (actually it was a pounding run/walk) and then decided to do some weights as well. And through all the tiredness, I left the gym feeling quite energised. It's funny how that happens, isn't it?
Weigh in yesterday, actually I got mistracked on weigh in, I think the public holiday on Monday has screwed my week up royally in my head. So I weighed in today instead.
700 gram gain. OMG!
Backtrack to last weekend. On Saturday, after hubby's pipeband finished playing at an Australia Day event, there was a bit of an impromptu get together dinner for the pipe major as it was his 75th birthday. It was at an amazing pizza Thai noodle place. I was already cringing with what I was going to eat. Then I was pleasantly surprised they had a Thai warm chicken salad on the menu. Score! So I ordered that.
What came to my plate was nothing like I imagined. Yep there was lettuce and some segments of tomatoes, and flavoured with oregano, but the chicken were almost minced up bits of chicken, not at all what I expected. It was drenched in this saucy dressing, which I figured at least it wasn't creamy.
So the next morning as I'm apt to do I weighed myself to find a flipping 1.5 kg gain!
W ... T ... F ????????!!!!!!!!!
I jumped off the scales and jumped on again. Yep I was up 1.5 kg. Surely the chicken salad couldn't have done that. I'd eaten clean all week, I'd exercised, heck I ran 4 times last week. So Sunday onwards I have been extra vigilant and it's slowly come down, to only a 700gram gain.
So people, if it was the Thai salad dish that did this, just remember with eating, that food isn't always what it seems. And if it wasn't that meal and it's actually me and me alone, come on body, get with the program!!
Later.

3 comments:
I'm so glad you've landed on your feet job wise.
As for the gain, perhaps the salad had a bit of sodium or MSG in it and you're just retaining a little fluid.
I have no doubt you'll turn it around very quickly!!
Marney http://the-long-road-to-me.blogspot.com.au/
Bizzare how our bodies do that! Oh, I'm not looking forward to the scales after pizza for work-do last night...
Post a Comment