Friday, January 25, 2013

Transformation : hair

I've never really been that adventurous with my hair.  Getting foils is like walking on the wild side for me!  I have a hair dresser, she's a flipping magician really, always asking ... BEGGING actually ... to let her do something different with my hair.  Now considering that she has blue hair herself, many piercings and tattoos (and as of last weekend became a Tough Mudder no less), her idea of different and my idea of different may be two entirely different differents!!  So to date I've told her thanks but no thanks.

But something came over me yesterday when I visited the salon.   I had been pinning some short hair on pinterest and so it had been in the back of my mind.  And I sat and said "do it".  She looked at me agog.  And I said "do whatever you want".

Let's face it, what's it worth, we're transforming our bodies, so why not transform our whole look.   I think that might be a bit of my problem, sometimes I still feel fat.  I know I'm not, well not as much anyway, I'm fitting into just about mostly 14's now.  But I still feel like the same old me at times.   But that may be because I'm looking into the mirror and seeing the same old me, albeit a smaller version of the same old me, but me nonethless.  My face hasn't really changed.  Well the size of it has, and the double (sometimes triple) chin has gone, but the face package of me hasn't really changed.

So I decided to go different and she worked her magic yet again.  Still movement in it, but it's short and I love it.  And I did so enjoy copping all the compliments I got from work today.


Maybe *NOW* I will accept that the WHOLE me is changing, transforming, growing.

No comments: