Saturday, February 2, 2013

New scales are coming!

We are soooooo close to the finish of this round.  My third round with 12wbt.  Oh how I love this life I am creating for myself.  Just quietly, my husband is loving it too  :-)


I'll get my end of round photo done tomorrow and measurements, ready to be uploaded.  Not long now until it all starts for me again in Round 4.


I'm looking forward to getting a package in the mail very soon.  I ordered a new set of scales.  Yeah yeah, I know, I'm like a person who's blaming the equipment, right?  A painter blaming his brushes.  A builder blaming dodgy product.  A runner blaming their shoes.  Yada yada yada.  But I'm just not trusting our bathroom scales any more.  Batteries are new.  We can walk into the bathroom and the slightest movement from the other side of the room sets the scales going and they light up.  Then when they turn off and you tap to actually weigh yourself they won't tap on.  Even Mike's weight is all over the shop at the moment.

It's doing my head in, I can hop on and off 3 times running and get different measurements each time.  And so it's always on my mind.  Take for instance the other morning.  The cat decided to wake me around 4am because she needed to go out.  A head butt in the early hours will scare anyone out of a deep sleep!   I groggily got out of bed and let her out.  On the way back to bed went to the loo and then in a sleep induced haze stumbled into the bathroom and weighed myself then headed back to bed almost as if in a trance.

At freaking 4am!!!!!!!!!!!!   Weighing myself.  What is with that?

So I bit the bullet and ordered one of those you beaut Tanita ones through 12wbt.  Then realised for $12 more I could bundle some new scales for the kitchen too.  I've never had digi scales in the kitchen before, so it's about time.

Come on postie, can't wait!

5 comments:

Dayna said...

YaY nothing more exciting that presents coming in the mail. (Even if they are self purchased)
You are going to love your new kitchen scales I use mine everyday...

Dayna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sleep-weighing,eh? Well that's new! Lol. Ah Carol, you do made me laugh.

Hope your new scales arrive quickly (I know what it's like waiting!), and good luck with the rest of Round 4!!

Pink Penny said...

We must be sisters! I do that too sometimes - weigh in at odd hours... it's habit more than anything I think.

Enjoy your new Tanita scales when they arrive - which ones did you get? I ordered the body mass composition ones when I hit 100 kg's and they are fantastic... they even showed me up as 300 grams lighter than my old ones which were reliable but once you'd spent ages mucking around trying to get the on/off button to work...

Ingi said...

4am? That's too funny!!!