Friday, January 10, 2014

Who wants to do a fun run with me ???

Not kidding.  I wonder if you've stumbled on the Licorice and Olives website yet, and in particular the:

5k Virtual Race Series.

What an absolutely brilliant idea.  Sarah a good Aussie girl, has developed a plan to host a year long, once a month series of 5km races.  People all over the world are signing up.  It's going to be fantastic.

You do them in a set period of time at the month's end, you send her your picture of your Runkeeper or running app or GPS device such as a Garmin, and she keeps a leaderboard.  You'll be walking or running against people from all over, but most importantly, you'll be running against yourself each month, improving your time, improving your fitness.  I'm really jazzed about this.

Fun fun, go check it out.   I hope some of my blogging friends sign up for it too, so we can "run together"!!

So tomorrow I am doing my long slow run.  It was hot today, hopefully it won't be too hot too early tomorrow.    I am going to keep this in mind ...


I wonder how far I will run tomorrow ????

4 comments:

Bek said...

I'm in! Looking forward to it! Great idea

Unknown said...

Thanks for the mention Carol. I am glad you think I am a Good Aussie.

Really hope you enjoy it! What half marathon are you doing? When is it?

Matilda said...

I've done a few virtual races before. I'll have to go check our Sarah's website to have a look.

Matilda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.