Sunday, January 19, 2014

Thankfully cooler!

Saturday morning I went out running and did a test run for the Licorice and Olives 5km Virtual Race Series.  I was planning a much longer run, and had planned to pause my Runkeeper at the 5km mark to take a screen print of the time and then resume it.  But I only managed another half a kilometre, I was spent.  I was thinking it was the toll after the past week of the heat and not sleeping, then thought better of it.  I was so relieved when I logged onto a local running group site I am part of and found other local ladies were feeling the same effects and struggled running on Saturday too.  Yay, it wasn't just in my head.

We're down to double figures until the half marathon, 98 days to go, so I have to get the kilometres on the board.  I'm a long way off a 21.1 kilometre run, with my longest non-stop run only reaching 13.2 kilometres.  98 more days to train!

I need to get back to completely clean eating and last night had planned to make a 12wbt favourite that we haven't had for a long long time, Penang Chicken.  I had chopped everything ready to throw together, and alas, went to the fridge to get the red curry paste, and what was left in the jar was as hard as brick bats!  Hmmm, after 6pm, the supermarket was closed.  So it was pop the chopped veg and meat in containers in the fridge and it was off to the pub for us for dinner last night!

So will be an easy peasey dinner tonight, just throw everything together, and yes, I have a new jar of red curry paste!!

This is one of my most favourite Michelle Bridges quotes, I scrapbooked it digitally and I had it printed onto a block through Snapfish and it sits up on my kitchen window sill.





I had made this photo block when Emily from Energy & Emily blog had organised a 12wbt gift exchange, and I liked it so much that I got another one printed off on a block for myself.   I need to take more heed of it!!  As my resolve has somewhat slipped of late.

And while I'm coming clean ... is this a Sunday for confessions or what?  I don't believe I've mentioned on this blog, as the book was released whilst I was overseas, but my story is in the latest Michelle Bridges book "Get Real".   They had asked back at the end of the Melbourne finale round for members to submit their stories and they'd consider for an upcoming book.  I threw my story together and submitted the required two photographs and didn't think any more of it.  Months later I got a package in the mail and it was an advanced copy of the book.  O-M-G I was in it.  



And I learnt right from that moment that I should stop taking instructions so literally.  When they had asked for two photographs to be sent in, one being a "before" shot, I thought they meant the 12wbt "before" shot that we uploaded when we started the program.  So imagine my surprise when I opened the book and I saw the majority of clothed before shots of other people, and there I was standing in all my underwear glory on my page!!!  

Cringe cringe cringe !!!

I remember the exact moment that Mike took my before shot when I started.  I was standing there in the lounge room in my undies and Mike was fussing with the camera.  I wanted him to just take the photograph and be done with it.  Oh no, the lighting wasn't right, the angle wasn't right, the focus wasn't right, then he said to be ... "look sad for the camera will you".  That was it.  OH MY FUCKING GOD I WAS SAD, I WAS THE SADDEST I COULD BE IN MY LIFE ... "TAKE THE FUCKING PHOTO" I yelled through my tears.  Even now I'm tearing up remembering that moment.  I never want to be that sad and sorry girl ever again.

So being in the book was a real wake up call for me and with my resolve having slowly slipped over the last few months I know I need to get it back big time.  I need to walk the talk now.  So if you have the book, check out page 72 and 73 if you like.  That's me!  Don't say I didn't warn you about the undies!

2 comments:

Matilda said...

How awesome you in her book! Well done.
You know what others will see you in your undies as an inspiration, as you are keeping it real. And I bet that is one of the reasons why you are in the book.

Have you got a running plan in place for your half?

Sheridan said...

Awesome post carol!! Slightly cooler, great quote, and you're famous :-)!!!! Perhaps I'll go and buy myself a copy!!
I'm all set to get my butt into gear and lose some weight again (after putting it on again) so were in it together again (although I have to admit I'm going it alone without registering with 12wbt this round.
And how totally awesome is the Penang chicken?? I think I'll make that again this week too. I also love the beef stroganoff!