So I've taken to the gym so I can at least get some running in on the treadmill, under the fan.
It's funny how things change. In the early days I loved the treadmill. It was a much easier way for me to run, rhythmically, constantly, at the same pace, at the same level. I liked it. But once I discovered the great outdoors, the different feelings under my feet, the undulating ground, the smells in the air, the birds chirping, the bees humming ... okay so I'm getting carried away there a bit ... but once I discovered the great outdoors there was no turning back. Yes yes, treadmills have their place in my life in inclement weather (be it cold and raining or oven like atmospheres) but boy I struggled to keep myself entertained yesterday. Even my music didn't cut it. I still managed 4km, then decided to do weights instead.
I took a sneaky pic for my instagram feed. Felt so self-conscious taking a pic in the gym, so being that everyone was on the back row of treadies, I pretended I was fussing with my music and snapped it! ha.
So sparing a thought for my friends north of me. Matilda I hope you're faring okay up there.
I'll do another session in the gym after work tomorrow, as the forecast is 44 or so. Urrgh. Then hopefully the temp abates a bit for the weekend. Cross fingers.
Stay cool runners, lots of water!

2 comments:
I find the treadmill so boring, yes I have used it, but I much prefer running outdoors.
I'm doing fine, Halls Gap is still borerdline of I don't know what's going to happen to it.
My beloved grampians *wah*
I had to laugh at the sneaky pic Carol, and the subterfuge - I must admit I do that all the time. Problem here is my eye's take so long to focus, the moments gone! It was so hot up here the other day that I did my walk in my family room. It was 8 steps from one end to the other and I kept at it until I'd done 10,000 steps. I was a little bit dizzy at the end...
Leanne
thethinmewithinme.blogspot.com.au
Post a Comment