Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Answering and comment on a few past comments

Sounds like a mail show from some of the podcasts I listen to, ha!  But often people don't have an email attached to their comments so I can't reply, and blogger doesn't let me see the email of who comments, or at least if it does I have no idea how to, so thought I'd answer and chat about a few comments here in this post.


Matilda:  "Have you got a foam roller?  If not totally invest in one. Also you'll need to start considering fuel for your long runs. I suggest heading over to runnerskitchen.com.au (i think au), and see Tara, her Amazeballs are jut that, ah-mazing!"

  • Yes I have a foam roller = best . thing . ever.  Although I have been known to call it names.  Mike gave me one for Christmas, I don't know how I coped without it.  All the trouble I went through with my ITB last year I should have got one sooner.  At the moment with my longer runs (over an hour) I've been having these jelly beans I got from the US.  I had to buy a box of 24 in my order I had delivered to my last stop in the States, so I still have a number of packets.  Not sure if it is mind over matter but I feel like I get a second wind when I pop a few at about 50 - 60 mins in.  Thanks for the tip of the Runners Kitchen, I'll check it out.



Sheridan:  "I'm all set to get my butt into gear and lose some weight again (after putting it on again) so were in it together again (although I have to admit I'm going it alone without registering with 12wbt this round. 
And how totally awesome is the Penang chicken?? I think I'll make that again this week too. I also love the beef stroganoff!" 
  • Sheridan!  Where have you been girl.  Good to see you pop up again.  We shall keep each other on the straight and narrow.  And yes the Penang Chicken is terrific, although in the early days I made it all the time and got sick of it.  So revisiting it again after months was a real treat.  Another fave I have is the Sweet & Sour Pork.  It's so yum.


Matilda:  "...Have you got a running plan in place for your half?"
  • Plan is that I'm re-signing to the next round of 12wbt, which will hopefully be my last round.  After having this round off, although my running is going great guns, my food still isn't.  Still work to be done on my brain I think  :-)   So I'll do the half marathon program.


Annie:  "... It was so hot up here the other day that I did my walk in my family room. It was 8 steps from one end to the other and I kept at it until I'd done 10,000 steps. I was a little bit dizzy at the end..."
  • Annie you are GORGEOUS!  I can only imagine just how dizzy you got, not to mention the track you've probably left in the carpet, I tried to calculate how many ups and downs of the family room that would be but then *I* got dizzy!!  :-)


Janie:  "Hey Carol, you totally rock dude! Love your work and your persistence. xx
  • Janie!   Thanks mate.  It's been too long, we need to do lunch!!


Sarah:  What half marathon are you doing? When is it?

  • The Geelong Half and according to my ticker I have 95 days to go!  27 April to be exact. (gulp!!)


Ingi:  Go Carol! I love that I come back here, after what - months? And you are still hard at work, slogging it out with a 10km and a half marathon in your sights! I need to come visit more frequently - great motivation!
  • Ingi mate, I have missed you.  We need to motivate each other.  This can be our year, okay??


And I think that just about finishes me off for tonight.  A workmate and I are taking on a killer hill after work tomorrow, I shall be back with probably more tales of woe! ha.  Until then.



Time to look around when you're out and about exercising, breathe in the fresh air, listen to the birds, see the beautiful blue sky up above and revel in the fact we're out there in it, moving, and yes, enjoying the ride.

2 comments:

Annie192 said...

It was 1,250 trips up and back in the family room to make 10,000 steps! And just for you Carol my email is:
lhayes65@bigpond.net.au (the first letter is 'L' for Leanne.

Matilda said...

you need to install Disqus will solve your comment problem.