Well with 105 days, 20 hours, 56 minutes and the seconds counting down till the half marathon, I know I need to pull my finger out and the last few weeks have been spent getting some miles back in my legs. My eating perhaps has not been the best, I seem to be a bit out of control in that department. But my thinking is, the more active I am, the more I am not going to want to ruin what I've accomplished. Makes sense.
So this morning I wanted to get out there and run my longest run ever. And I did. To date it has been 12.7 kilometres. This morning I am proud to say I did ...
So this morning I wanted to get out there and run my longest run ever. And I did. To date it has been 12.7 kilometres. This morning I am proud to say I did ...
TA DAAAAAAH....
Love Runkeeper giving me little congratulations messages like this! And it was tough. A beautiful morning, a perfect morning in fact for running. The sun was behind the clouds, so it hadn't started beating down until say the last 10 mins or so. Sensational. But again with the plodding. It was my long slow Saturday run, I had my music playing, I was loving it. I caught my second wind at about the 9km mark. "We will rock you" by Queen came on in my music and I don't know what it is about that song, I start running with a bit of attitude! ha. Whatever works right.
So I rang around the perimeter of our town. It has been said that I need to move to a bigger town! Not sure about that, but I went around the outskirts and up a stock route, and then did a bit of zig zagging to get back home. Once I hit the 12km mark I knew I had this in the bag, cause I could run 1km. And check out the calories I burnt ... 1109! Bingo. Mission accomplished.
Calf muscles have been aching today though so I had a date with my roller. Painful, but it really helps.
I was planning on making some rice paper rolls for dinner tonight so headed down to the local supermarket this arvo to get some ingredients and something made me feel the back of my leg. I didn't even realise I was scratched. About half way through my run this morning, I was out in the back blocks of town and two golden retrievers came running out at me. To be honest I was oblivious to them (hmmm perils of running with headphones I soon realised) until one almost tripped me up. They were harmless and just wanted to play, but were trying to jump up as I ran and I remember now feeling one of the dogs jump onto the back of my leg as I ran.



2 comments:
Great work, you aiming to do your half in 2h30?
I still haven't decided if I want to run this or not. I don't think it's going to happen.
Hey Carol, you totally rock dude! Love your work and your persistence. xx
Post a Comment