Friday, January 3, 2014

I'm hearing music in my head!!

Well I'm slowly making the transition.  For the past 12 months I have run in complete silence, oh apart from my own heavy breathing (panting!!), the sounds of the birds tweeting or dogs barking or after work here in Warrnie the sounds of the surf rolling in.

But I've found as my runs get longer my mind is wandering.

Hey legs tired I think I should walk.
Hmm looks like rain I should double back.
Wow big hill ahead maybe I'll turn down this road.
And on it goes.

So new plan is to get used to running with music.    So I carry my phone anyway because of my love of Runkeeper so that wasn't a problem. I'm not big on those arm strap things, fussy bugger I am!! I have one but it just doesn't feel comfy.  So perfect use of the Spibelt I got for Christmas.  The phone fits perfectly in there.

Cast my mind back many months to an app I downloaded courtesy of advice from Ruby Red Shoes after I bemoaned the fact I tried to run with music and ended up tripping over my feet!  Trail Mix Pro.  It plays your music but automatically changes the beat of the music to coincide with the pace you are running.  Strangely it works!!!  It doesn't sound like Alvin and the Chipmunks singing, nor does it sound slow motion sludgy.  It really works.

So here's my running mix I've made.  Always up for new pieces.


Must admit yesterday afternoon after work I was glad that Rocky came on as I was running my way back up Pertobe Road and then further up to Cannon Hill where I was parked.  It had me pumping it out.  I did resist though in jumping around at the top arms up in the air!!

1 comment:

Matilda said...

you need rock my run mixes. I have loads of them, the best $30 I've every spent.

My longer runs, I actually prefer running without music, and listen to books instead, esp on training runs, when it comes to competitions I rather run without it.