Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Really scary hill sprints !!!

Funniest moment after work tonight.  Because I got caught by a downpour as I started my Monday routine after work for the 10km program, I was forced to switch days, so did my Toning exercises yesterday and my Cardio today.  And again it was an after work effort to fit it in.  

Hill interval sprints tonight.  What better than to pick Pertobe Road hill.  30 second sprints up, 60 second power walk down ten times, as part of a set lasting 15 minutes.  Trust me this is a steep enough hill.  It's a killer of a start to the Surf T Surf fun run each January, so it was going to be perfect tonight.



So as I came down on one interval, a fairly unfit looking fellow was huffing and puffing his way walking up the hill and we passed each other.  He had been in his own world so I don't think he'd noticed me until he happened right upon me walking back down the hill.   So we passed each other with barely a glance.   A moment later the chime on my Runkeeper went off, it was time to sprint back up.  So as I turned back and took off at a run I was right behind him and I think I frightened him.  He looked quickly over his shoulder and started running too because he thought I was chasing him!!!!


I swear I nearly fell about laughing.  The look of fear on his face.  Oh yeah, I'm really scary, the scary lady in the pink jacket and lycra pants.  Actually, maybe that *IS* scary! ha.

It was one of those had-to-be-there-see-his-face kind of moments.  Hysterical.   

Hope everyone is having great workouts and eating clean and looking forward to jumping on those scales tomorrow.  Good work people.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I think he saw the sausage legs Carol and that scared him. being chased by sausages will scare anyone.....

energyandemily said...

This is the second time I've read this story today and I still laughed again! What a crack up :P

Myriddian Shrinks said...

Hilarious, maybe you've found your calling as a motivator for slack runners... :D

Unknown said...

Ha, ha Carol! I nearly did the same thing last Monday doing my hill sprints at 6.00 am in the near dark. Passed a guy as I was walking down, then ding and I turned and thought - no, I'll scare the sh*t out of him, so I hesitated just a little longer to give him time to get further ahead. :-))

Indigo Kate said...

Bahahaha. Tell me, does scaring the locals burn more calories? Great post!