So I'm running my heart out and the lady on the treadmill next to me was just loping slowly along. I must admit to feeling quite self righteous at my speed and with a subtle glance I couldn't help but have my high and mighty self check out what speed she was running at.
Woah, way to cut me down to size!! She was running at a much faster pace than me!! How could that be?? I must have looked like the energiser bunny flapping around, arms and hair flying everywhere, and yet my treadmill neighbour looked graceful and was just loping along.
Then it hit me ... SHORT LEGS!!!
So that's where my grace has gone then, genetics! My 5'5" has done me no favours in the elegant cool running department.
But on I plod, and loving it.
So today was the 12 minute time trial, with the aim of running further each week. Yay! Another great time trial. Love that we measure in metres, cause 1770 metres sounds sooooo much more than 1.77 km, it also sounds achievable to stretch out and go just a few more metres each week!
Yahooooooooo!!!! Getting faster and stronger. Although my tempo run of 80-85% started off zippy but 80-85% of nothing much left in the tank is not very fast by the end of the 12 mins!!
What a sensational afternoon it was to run though. After weeks of getting rained on, and wearing long sleeves because it's been so darn cold, this is what greeted me tonight after work...
So today was the 12 minute time trial, with the aim of running further each week. Yay! Another great time trial. Love that we measure in metres, cause 1770 metres sounds sooooo much more than 1.77 km, it also sounds achievable to stretch out and go just a few more metres each week!
- STARTING DISTANCE: 1770 metres
- WEEK 1: 1790 metres
- WEEK 2: 1870 metres
- WEEK 3: 1930 metres
Yahooooooooo!!!! Getting faster and stronger. Although my tempo run of 80-85% started off zippy but 80-85% of nothing much left in the tank is not very fast by the end of the 12 mins!!
What a sensational afternoon it was to run though. After weeks of getting rained on, and wearing long sleeves because it's been so darn cold, this is what greeted me tonight after work...
What is that blue colour I'm seeing there, haven't seen it in ever so long!!!! :-)
I'm heading down home tomorrow after work, I'm going to a retirement send off of one of my old friends that I used to work with when I started with my work oh back in 1985 (cough cough), yes I have worked for the same company all that time!! The flyer said that the evening consisted of 'finger food'. I dread to think! I have some fruit ready packed to take in the car when I leave mid-afternoon, so I'll eat that so I hopefully will not be that hungry tomorrow night that I end up eating a whole tray of horse doovers! Wish me luck.
2 comments:
Ahh this is classic, I so feel you on the short legs even in boxing class when I have to run along size the nordic beauties who seem to be all legs I feel a little like a limping hippo.
Good luck for tonight xoxo
I've got long legs and I feel like an uncoordinated giraffe! Guess we all feel somewhat awkward and we probably all look OK! :-)
Post a Comment