I am turning over a completely new leaf in this round and I'm feeling so positive. We have some fantastic new girls join our Warrnambool & Surrounds 12wbt crew and they are so gung ho and it's contagious. Just what I needed.
I'm going to call the last round a learning round and move on. I gained 2 kg and a couple of cms. But I ran ... and ran ... and ran. So all was not lost. And as for learning, I learnt how easy it is to drop my guard so I need to be ever vigilant.
So day 1 doing the 10 km running program. I aim to follow the program to the letter as much as I am able. For the five rounds past I have flitted around the exercise program, oh I certainly did my exercise, don't get me wrong, but I didn't follow exactly the plan. I may have spent an hour+ in the gym but not doing the specifics as set out by the 12wbt program.
This time it's going to be different. I know to get the most out of the 10km running program and to learn to run with purpose, I need to follow it to the letter to get stronger and faster.
I can't even imagine what I looked like running down at Lake Pertobe Road tonight, doing my drills and hugging my legs and doing my knee pull ups and dare I say my pitter patters might have looked a wee bit like the prancercize woman. But no matter, I was in the zone and doing everything on my list. And of course in my beloved hot pink jacket I was rockin' it!!!!
Onward to day 2. Bring it on.
5 comments:
You have this round in the bag!
Our very own pink prancercizing wonder woman.
Keep it up!
You are such a rock star! Round 2 definitely wasn't lost but I'm so glad that you've found your fire again for this round.
I LOVE the prancercise woman - but don't ever compare yourself to her again! lol Have you ever noticed that there are never any people around when she's out and about? Why is that?
Oooh I'm excited Carol. I want to hear all about the 10km running program as I've just started the Learn 2 Run program. 10kms! Without stopping? Seriously!?!?!?
Good luck carol!! Yep I reckon sticking to the program as its intended works. Happy running!!
Post a Comment