Saturday, August 3, 2013

Great SSS to finish the round on

Another rolling workout for the Warrnambool & Surrounds 12wbt crew.  Love these girls.  We did this a few weeks back, you'll recall the stairs of horror in our Week 8 Mini Milestone Challenge.

So these rolling workouts that have been planned, you join in to whichever session you want, dip out whenever you need to, do all of them or only some of them.  Being that we are Warrnambool "and surrounds", the surrounds go for quite a few miles, let me tell you, so there can be a bit of travelling in it for us.

So today started off nice and early at 7.30am (brrrr it was cold!!!) in Woolsthorpe (where's Woolsthorpe I hear you ask? look it up people!!).  We had a fabulous session with Kazz from BodyMoves.  She really put us through our paces, a combination of teamwork (Gooo Scorpions!!!) and exercise and dance moves combined with exercise and conquering mind over matter with some super balancing poses and a fantastic meditation session at the end.  Loved it !!!  The support from Kazz today and the enthusiasm from our girls, it's such a win-win for all of us.

[some of the group at the end of the session - excuse us crouching down -
I had the phone camera balanced on the stage in the hall
and used the self-timer app]

Then over to Port Fairy for a workout in the local basketball hall by Commando Lisa.  Lisa is one of our 12wbt girls and is so bright and bubbly and effervescent, you can't help but be caught up with her enthusiasm.

Then to the Belfast Aquatic Centre in Port Fairy for a Spin Class.   Got to hand it to some of the girls who did all three sessions.     As we are having our official unofficial local finale party tonight in Warrnambool, I decided there was enough travelling around the countryside being done today for me and ended up just doing the Woolsthorpe session, being that I will be heading back into town tonight.

Plus today was quite the milestone for me.  I did my first ever (actually I did three) pushups on my toes.

EVER.

THREE OF THEM.

Count them people.  One, two, three.

I was over the moon.  But way to get shot down in flames.  I am bragging to Mike about it when I get home and so he thumped his chest like a caveman and dropped and did 10 in his workboots, not only that instead of palms down he did them on his knuckles on the slate floor.

pffffft  ... SHOW OFF!  

Let's see you run 11.8 kilometres Mike then we'll talk.  Hmmmmm????

Now ... off to pick an outfit to wear tonight.  I would have loved to have gone to Adelaide for the finale, but it was just too hard for us to get to.  Either we had to drive a ton to get to Adelaide.  Drive a ton to get back to Melbourne to fly over the top of our house.  Take a train that would get us there that morning or two days before.  Nope, I'm just going to celebrate the round quietly (or not so quietly) in my own way tonight with these ladies who mean so much to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three push ups!! Congrats! What a great feeling :)

I hope you have an absolute blast tonight!! Your presence will be sorely missed at the finale x

Unknown said...

Well done Carol on the push ups that is awesome.

I was blown away on the weekend when one of my little training buddies did 200 of them on her toes during our workout. She managed the same as me. So that is where you need to get to.

No pressure....

Anonymous said...

What a great finish! Well done ;)

Myriddian Shrinks said...

Fantastic finish!
Enjoy your celebrations xox