Friday, February 15, 2013

Who's that girl ??

I had my first instance of someone I know not recognising me today.  It was hysterical.  Sure I know I have changed but I didn't think I'd changed THAT much.

So I'm at the gym after work, I had just arrived and was putting my keys and sweat shirt away and I glance over to the machines and I see someone I know, Leanne, there.  Now when I say I "know" her, we don't interact on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis.  We probably see each other a couple of times a year.  She is the daughter-in-law of a dear friend and I see her on the odd social engagement.  But only about 6 months ago I actually sat on a 3 hour train ride next to her, funnily enough we had bought tickets and our seats were together.  So it's not like she doesn't know me.

Okay so you following along here, you get the relationship we have.

So I glance over at her and she meets my eye and I smile a hello and she looked away not even registering me.  Huh?  What was with that?  Then she finished with that machine and walked in my direction to go to another machine and I say cheerily "Hi Leanne" and gave a little wave.  I don't know why I felt the need to wave, we were only about 10 feet apart at that stage.  But that's neither here nor there.

And she looked at me blankly and kind of shrugged her shoulders and said a wary "hi" but with a wondering look on her face.

I said "It's me!  Carol!"  and then the penny dropped and there was a gasp followed by "OH MY GOD" and "I didn't recognise you" and then she followed it up with "you've cut your hair".

Well that had me roaring laughing.  Yep, nice save Leanne, real smooth!  

Yep, cut my hair and cut just over 27 kilograms.

I hear of things like this happening to other people, but never thought it would happen to me.  Hysterical!


Well I'm proud to say I certainly did that after work.  

I ran.  

On the treadmill.

4.4 kilometres without stopping.  Yahooooooooooooooo!!!!  My best time without stopping yet.

There is hope for me in the upcoming fun runs yet.  Will I go the distance running the whole way?  That is the big question for me right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should track down other acquaintances you see a few times a year - you know, 'accidentally' run into them. ;)

4.4kms is awesome - well done!