1. Get into the 70's. I'll settle for 79.9. But then again, I'm not a settler, so I'd like to smash through that barrier.
2. Actually stick to the 12wbt exercise plan. I've loosely followed it, done a bit of my own thing and figured that what I was doing now was better than what I was doing previously. But this time I'm sticking to it like glue.
3. To keep running, which I am developing quite a love for, and to keep up with my plan of the fun runs I am aiming to participate in.
4. Organise a bit more by freezing more meals. I do it, but not enough of it, then I go to the freezer and bam, all gone. Mike is great if I want to put an added effort in and will just make his own dinner if need be, so I need to know on those days when I'm late home that I have something nutritious and Mish-approved to eat.
5. Take full advantage of the remaining day light saving. It's been just wonderful jogging round the foreshore of a late afternoon, so I need to take advantage of that beautiful time of day before it disappears.
6. Build more strength in my legs, or get more miles in my legs, so I've been told.
7. Go to the Melbourne finale with the Warrnambool & Surrounds crew.
8. Participate in as many group activities as possible, because quite frankly our Warrnambool & Surrounds crew rocks.
9. I have mixed and matched the menu plan since day one, but I am a bit of a creature of habit, so I want to take a chance and select some of the recipes that I've not made before. Who knows!
10. And spend an obscene amount of money at the end of the round on some clothes, but only if I get to the 70's, so there's my carrot!
So last night at our End of Round/Beginning of Round dinner. Terrific. I really feel so fortunate to be part of this local group. It just adds a further dimension to the support I get from the 12wbt site. To meet up with these terrific ladies face to face, to particpate in activites, to chat about how we are going, to celebrate achievements or offer advice. It's all fantastic. I had such a great time last night that I swear I smiled the whole way home.
All gathered, so nice to see each other dressed up and not in workout gear!!
The restaurant was loud and a couple of the girls had to leave straight after the dinner,
but the remainder wanted coffee so we ended up
at the ritzy chi chi pooh pooh Warrnambool Club for coffee.
Oh and note, in my year of wearing dresses, I'm actually in a dress!
I don't mind saying that I think as a woman gets older (yeah right, apparently in the upcoming Noorat to Terang fun run, I'm even older than the veteran class!!!!) but as we get older and busier it's more difficult to make new friends. Sure we have acquaintances, people we deal with on a day to day basis. But I'm talking real friends. And that has been just wonderful.



2 comments:
All the best for round 1 Carol :)
Goals - yep, should set some! Lucky you - Melbourne finale this round! And the dress looks nice - but I want to vicariously help you spend obscene amounts of cash on a new one in about 11 weeks time, OK?
Post a Comment