Last night...
Okay last night I was faced with a dilemma. Girls night out to the movies. We saw Silver Linings Playbook, which has nothing to do with my eating out woes, but thought you might like to know :-) I'm okay at the movies, I'm not a choc top kinda girl, I don't really get the munchies, as it happened I bought a 600ml bottle of water from the kiosk and paid an exhorbitant amount for it, eeek! and slugged on that during the movie. Then had to make a massive dive to the loo as the credits were rolling, ha!
But it was after the movie when the girls were throwing up names of where to go for dinner and my feeble attempts of suggesting somewhere that I knew would have some kind of healthy food seemed to go unheard. And we ended up finding ourselves at the local Indian restaurant.
Absolutely delicious I grant you, but is there anything ... ANYTHING AT ALL?? ... on an Indian menu that isn't fattening? Everything seemed to be cream based on the menu. I was really stuck. I can usually go for the least looking caloric meal when dining out, but I was stumped. A decision was made to pick three meals and we would share and I feverishly looked through the menu to see what would at least look like the lesser of the evils and quickly picked a lamb Rogan Josh, which I didn't think would have cream in it, Lord knows what else was in it.
A butter chicken and a fish curry were the other two choices made by my friends.
I steered well clear of the butter chicken, and had small servings of the fish curry and rogan josh and a small serving of rice, and just drank water and a black spiced flavoured tea.
But did I make a good choice? Scales broke even this morning, but who knows.
And then comes tonight ...
Tonight on the other hand I have arranged a dinner out for our Warrnambool & Surrounds 12wbt crew, last count there will be 14 of us at dinner, which reminds me, must charge the camera ... okay camera is on the charger :-)
It's a known restaurant with a known menu and I know there are good eating choices on the menu, partly the reason I selected the restaurant. It's a bit easier eating out when there's a bit of homework involved, rather than a fly by the seat of the pants decision.
So I'm looking forward to getting spruced up and catching up with our local 12wbt'ers, some new, some old, some currently doing the next round, some having a breather. Last time we did this we did some double takes in seeing each other without hair pulled back in ponytails and sweaty lycra on. So looking forward to it. We may not be in Brisbane but we are having our own finale party, celebrating our achievements of the last round, welcoming newcomers to the next round and generally having a great time.
Plus looking forward to wearing a new dress, courtesy of my 12wbt friend Sharon who has offloaded some of her beautiful clothes onto me that are now too big for her, but fit me perfectly. Back later (hopefully) with a photograph.
3 comments:
Yeah, I went to an Indian place a few weeks ago and had pretty much the same experience. It's a tough (but tasty) one, but on the upside, I guess we are now more conscious of these choices (and say no to the Naan bread!).
Have a fantastic time tonight! :)
Tandoori chicken might have been a good choice. Doesn't come in a gravy and has been oven roasted not cooked in oil.
Eating out can be a total minefield! Oh well, onward and up(or down)ward :-)
Post a Comment