I've set off from the SLSC along the foreshore running/bike track east to Granny's Grave (4km return), or the last couple of nights I've gone west to the Breakwater and to the end of the pier (4km return). One of these days I'll go crazy and do both!! It's a mixture of running as much as I can with intermittent walks. But I'm proud to say I'm running longer and longer each time before having to walk for a breather.
As I was running tonight I thought about how lucky I was to be alive. The sun was warm, the seagulls were cackling, the breeze was cooling my skin, the sea air was just magic, and these old legs were carrying me. I don't take this for granted, not for one minute. It's just the most exhilarating feeling to know I AM DOING THIS! Is there no greater high, than the high of achievement after a great run?
I'm using Runkeeper which is keeping me motivated. Love hearing my stats every five minutes as I'm running. The other night I took a couple of photos so you can see what a pleasurable view I've been having this week in my runs.
Yep, that's where I'm heading to, the end of the Breakwater!
So funny, yesterday I ran all the way to the end of the Breakwater without a stop
and hit the wall almost in a high five gesture, to the amusement of the fellows fishing on the end.
It was such a great feeling running all that way,
a high five with the wall was the only thing that would cut it
(I may have even given a little whoop)!!
So funny, yesterday I ran all the way to the end of the Breakwater without a stop
and hit the wall almost in a high five gesture, to the amusement of the fellows fishing on the end.
It was such a great feeling running all that way,
a high five with the wall was the only thing that would cut it
(I may have even given a little whoop)!!
The view from the end of the Breakwater back to the foreshore.
Heading East towards Granny's Grave, still populated by runners and walkers,
but not as many as on the Breakwater side.
Could we be getting any better weather to enjoy a late afternoon run?
And really, did they think they needed to put this sign up for me??? tee hee
There's no worries that I'll be breaking any land speed records!
So why oh why haven't I taken advantage of the fact I work on the coast and do my exercises out in the fresh air there, before I head home to my little town. Hmmm. And with Mike on board this week getting his own dinner, I'm taking full advantage of it. Plus I'm bumping up the training ready for my next fun run in just over a week's time! Stay tuned :-)





2 comments:
Go you! Nice work on the running and I love Runkeeper for that too - keeps it interesting!
And I know, right? I live on the NSW south coast and there's often a moment (or two or three) that I'll look around at where I run and wonder what the poor people are doing today!
Oh Carol,
Why wouldn't you run that beautfiul setting. I'm so glad you decided to do that instead of running round town. The beach is never the same two days in a row.
I'm glad you're enjoying life!! x Marney
Post a Comment