Sunday, February 3, 2013

What's your reason?

So what's your reason for wanting to lose weight?

The instant answers are:

I want to be healthy
I want to be fit
I want to be thin.
I want to be socially acceptable.
I want to wear kick ass clothes.
I want to be comfortable in my skin.
I want to be confident.
I want to be part of the in crowd.

You get my drift?  How many of them have you said or nodded along to.

I've been peeking my head into the new Round 1 of 2013 forums, yes yes I know we're not finished yet, but I'm setting myself up for success in the next round too.   And there was a great discussion entitled:

"Apart from the health aspect of losing weight, do you have any other reasons for doing it?"

I had a think.  I didn't have to think for long.  Of course all of the above apply, but this one was easy.

You know that scene in "Officer and a Gentleman", the one where Richard Gere strides into the factory and sweeps Debra Winger up into his arms and to the applause of all the factory workers he walks out of the factory with his true love?  Off into the sunset?  Okay well off out the factory door, there's probably a sunset out there.  Roll your eyes if you must, but you get my drift.  It's that whole caveman love thing, the idea of it is so darn romantic.

Well of course I don't want Mike to take it into his head and come storming through the halls of my work, actually he'd have to get through the security gate first and then through the swipe card back door, or go through the front door and get a visitor's pass, and well quite frankly that would take the whole spontaneity out of it!!

But even the thought of it in days gone by, no way!  Poor guy would put his back out, worse still I'd collapse on him and knock him unconscious, if he could even get me marginally off the ground.

But THAT is the ideal for me.  The thought that IF he wanted to, he COULD sweep me off my feet.  In fact in recent times he's tried.  I'll be standing at the sink doing the dishes and whoosh he's come in by stealth and all of a sudden the wind has been knocked out of me when he's lifted me up to see how high he could lift me.  Actually I was so shocked and it was so unexpected at the time I nearly pee'd.   But the fact is he knows!!  He doesn't have to read this blog to know it's something I've often dreamt about.  He knows!!

Until then I will have to just settle with this... tee hee!!   He doesn't look half bad in the Officers whites, even though his head is twice the size of mine!!


(yes and I've probably broken every copyright rule in the book - apologies - but a girl's gotta dream!!)


So here we are, final week of Round 4 of 2012.  Mike has told me he will cook his own meals every night this week and not to bother about him.  I just need to do what I need to do to know I've given it my all.  So it's gym and running every night after work this week and one of my pre-cooked meals when I get home.  Gosh I love my crazy man and all the support he gives me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at the whole ‘taking the spontaneity out of it’ description. So true, lol. The fact that he knows is awesome! You’ve got a great one there, Carol.

(ps - love the photo! )

Ingi said...

So brilliant that have his support and that you are so in love! And I love your photoshopped pic!

Anonymous said...

Love it ahh to get whisk off my feet, now that would be a dream come true.


Have a good final round 4 week.