Throughout my journey to date, a lot of changes have been taking place. Some I've noticed and some I haven't. And some that have taken me completely by surprise.
I've definitely noticed my rings getting looser, to the point that my engagement ring just spins around my finger now. I have gone from being someone who had to hold my hand in the air a few minutes so that the blood would run from my fingers to be able to get them off, to now just slipping them off with ease. I'm almost at the point I'm going to have to get them resized down. Wow.
And the other day I was in the car at the traffic lights, just sitting, waiting for the lights to turn green, and something made me try to put left hand around my right wrist and MY FINGERS TOUCHED !!!! I could circle my wrist completely. That hasn't happened a very very long time.
Sometimes the simplest things like that can make you feel like you're walking six foot tall all day and give you a genuine thrill.
And there's other changes that hit you in the face, literally. Mike keeps telling me how much my face is changing, actually a few people have said that now. To be honest I haven't really noticed. I mean, it's the same face I look into every day in the mirror, the same eyes staring back at me.
So last night I sat down and went through some photos of me from throughout this year. When I went back to the start of the year looking at photos I saw a stranger looking back at me. A little bit inside of me died a bit last night looking at my early photos and even now thinking about the feelings that welled up, I'm tearing up as it pains me to see myself and where I started. And I sit here and wonder how on earth Mike could ever have loved me 20 kilograms ago, when I see this stranger looking back at me.
So because I'm being frank and honest and I need to face things like this to be able to recognise it, own it and move on, here is a small journey of changes to my face that has happened.
My 12wbt journey started on the 4th May 2012, pre-season to Round 2 in 2012. And I continue to see a bright and wonderful future ahead of me.

3 comments:
Don't be upset about where you came from, just be happy about where you are heading. No point worrying about what has already happened and can't be changed, but you are making the change now and look what you have achieved.
Great work, you can really notice the difference in your photos
Oh wow Carol. You have made an amazing transformation! Well done to you!!! I didn't really see it, until I took photos in week 9 and put them beside my week 4 and start photos. OMG, photos are a powerful tool to show us how far we've come. You are amazing Carol. Well done on your awesome transformation! <3 Marney
Post a Comment