Saturday, October 13, 2012

Support

The support I have been getting from my husband on my 12wbt journey is nothing short of wonderful.  It all stems back dare I say to the day I told him my weight (after being tight lipped about it for our 11 years together).   I think from that moment on I let him in, so to speak.  I included him.  And he has embraced and run with it.  He'll check calories for me.  He'll cook his own meal if he wants something knowing I am planning to eat one of my pre-planned meals.  He'll time me when I'm doing my fitness test and air punch and high five me when I do a "PB" (personal best).  He may not remember to replace the toilet roll, but he'll always remember it's Wednesday and ask me how I did on the scales, this week being no exception.

So I hit the scales on Wednesday marking 19.2 kg gone forever.  For my overseas friends, that is 42 pounds.

So Mike certainly has a way with words.  He was so excited to hear I was up to 19.2 kg, the first words that came out of his mouth were...

"That's FANTASTIC!!!  Only 800 more grams and you've lost a big bag of dog food."

Huh?

It was only then I realised, every time I told him what I'd lost he was equating it to something, a tub of margarine, a packet of flour, a bag of potatoes.  So he marched me into the laundry where yes indeed we have a new 20kg bag of dog biscuits sitting there and told me to lift it.

I couldn't lift it, without struggling and even then it only came a few feet off the ground.

And yet I'd been carrying almost that around.

Wow.

Not only that, another kind of milestone this week for me was my ticker.  You'll see it down the bottom of the page.  I had kind of set an end goal of 75kg to reach, whether I adjust that or not, I don't know.  But that's the number I kind of magically thought up as a good goal to get to.  Look at my ticker, it's over the half way point.  I'm on the downward slide.  I've now lost more weight, than I have to go.   I can't tell you just how happy I have been this week.

Here's to new friendships

One other thing I wanted to talk about in this blog post was an added bonus to the 12wbt program.  Yes we have the diet, yes we have the exercise, yes we have the mind set lessons and the forum and all that goes with it.   But the big bonus for me has been the friendships.  This past week I met up with the lovely Lynn and Jane for lunch and it was terrific, two girls I would probably never have met otherwise.  It was nice to meet up and just be able to talk and enjoy each others company face to face (without huffing and puffing).

And tomorrow I'm meeting up with Debbie and Casey and we're spending the day together.  You'll have to stay tuned to find out what we get up to!  :-)    But it involves these boots, my newest purchase...
Nice!

No comments: