Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Some big happenings today

Firstly the biggest thing.   Ready for it.   I lost that 800 grams that I talked about after last week's weigh in.

I have lost freaking 20 kilograms !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still can't believe it.   Well actually I can, cause I've done it.  Still a long way to go, but I'm on the downward slide on my ticker.  I am OVER-THE-MOON !  I went racing into Mike still in bed after my weigh in this morning yelling "I've lost that big bag of dog food, yahoooooooooooooo".  Pretty elated.

The second huge thing that has happened to me today, is dress shopping.  After a few of the Warrni girls now telling me they've got their dresses for finale (some may have more than one dress, don't they??? hmmmmm wonder who I'm talking about Miss KC!! giggle) I thought I better start looking myself.    I've had a bit of a squiz online and everything seems so darn short and so dicey because I don't really know what I can fit into and what I can't.

So with a brave faced fixed on I walked into three of the lovely ritzy chi chi pooh pooh dress shops in town. I kept the whole "I'm just looking" face on as I flicked through the racks.   I felt like I had a sign on my back "I've just lost 20 kilograms and I'm clueless".   The saleslady at the second store started chatting to me and before I knew it I had blurted out my whole tale.

Yep, way to go Carol, reeeeeeeal smoooooth!

Anyway she was actually quite helpful, checked out my body type, found a dress that would suit and suggested I try it on.

Well I did.

And I took one look in the mirror and burst into tears.

Happy tears.

It was the size 16 and it was too big.

Probably didn't help that I was standing there in my black socks either, but I did a twirl and got all excited.  Tried on the size 14 and it fitted beautifully.

I got changed back into my work gear, thanked her very much, put the dress back on the rack and walked out of there.  I don't know why I just didn't lay my bucks down on the counter there and then.  I've tried to rationalise it in my head walking the whole way back to work.  I have come to the conclusion that I don't think I was worthy of such a gosh darn elegant dress.

I think I need to go back to the store tomorrow.  Right?

The Universe is great   :-)

Before I go I must tell you about this website I stumbled on and absolutely love.   Actually the website is TUT, but I particularly like Notes from the Universe.  I signed up and every week day I get a note from the Universe to me.  Mike just rolls his eyes when I tell him that the Universe has written to me.  Sometimes the notes really resonate.  Like the one I received today, which I want to share.


No truer words were spoken and I am going to really take this thought to heart.   Go check out the website and sign up for your own note from the universe.  It's a bit of fun, but hey, if it makes you think, then it's well worth it.  Remember I'm exercising here my mind, body AND soul.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well a lady has to have choices :)
Carol I can't think of a more deserving person of an elegant dress than you
You are worth it and you go back and get that awesome size 14 dress
I bet you inspired that store assistant with your story