Thursday, October 4, 2012

Shopper's High !

I went shopping today and I still can't wipe the grin off my face.

Back track for a moment ... on the weekend I'm heading up to Melbourne and I wanted something nice to wear.  I'm sick of looking saggy baggy which is what my clothes are looking like.  I've been able to resurrect some things from my wardrobe but darn it, I wanted something new this time!!   Every girl's right, huh?  I want to look smart and modern and feel totally wonderful this weekend.

And you know what was great.  When I went browsing and trying a few things on, I didn't have to just pick up the only thing on the rack that would fit me, whether I liked it or not.  I actually got to choose.  It was such a happy moment, and such an all encompassing and quite emotional moment to be honest.

Even better than that, the lovely dark blue soft material jeans I bought from Sussans were a size 16, wooo hoooo!  And they were marked down from $89.95 to $19.00 !!!!  I tell ya, if there was a shopping olympics, I'd be a gold medallist for sure.  Oh me oh my they fit so nice.  And even if they only last a couple of months and end up too big, hey, they were only $19.  I can cope with that.

Added to the list was a cute white linen look shirt, and I figure even when I lose more weight, it's the type of shirt that you would wear loose and feel totally wonderful in.  So score on that front too.

All I know is that I left that store with a skip in my step and a huge huge grin on my face.  It was a high of epic proportions I was feeling.  And if that's not motivation to keep on this journey, then nothing is.  


And I'm going to keep doing it over and over again !!!!   I'm going to become a Happiness Junkie!  :-)

No comments: