Sunday, November 4, 2012

Another great new experience

I've been full of new experiences this round with 12wbt, and it's been fabulous.  To be honest, I can say this has been a wonderful WONDERFUL year of new experiences and I'm embracing each and every one.

Lynn from the Warrnambool & Surrounds 12wbt group put the shout out to see if we'd like to go to a Zumba Master Class.  Well me having two left feet, very unco-ordinated, have in the past lusted after Zumba (not in a stalkerish way mind you!!! ha) but quite envious of all the moving and shaking and thinking I'd never be able to do that.   But what the heck, in for a penny, in for a pound (showing my age here!!)  So being the "event junkie" that Mike likes to call me now, my hand shot up as fast as it could go.



Wow!  What a work out.  It went for near on two hours, I was exhausted but totally pumped.  I zigged when I should have zagged, I turned when I should have about faced, but you know what?  I didn't stop.  And that's the main thing.    Had a totally wonderful time with Lynn, Casey and Debbie, who also came.

In fact, I thought I was going so well, when I got home I thought I might try some of my new Zumba moves out on Mike.  He took one look at me and said "what's wrong with your hip?".  He thought I was having spasms or something.  Hmmmm, how come in my mind I was moving like a Zumba Queen ... not so apparently.

But it has got me pumped and looking for local classes that will fit in with my work times, so that's a huge plus, another form of exercise to shake this body of mine up.

Other than that here we are at Week 11, this round has gone by so fast.  I'm pumped and looking forward to Sydney coming up ever so fast for Finale, and just quietly spending an exhorbitant amount on this very special weekend - new dress, new shoes, new handbag, new earrings, fun things to do there have been booked and will be ready for us, and so excited to be able to see Michelle up close.   It's so unlike me to be indulgent like this, but you know what, I'm worth it.  :-)   That's one very important lesson I've learnt this round.

No comments: