I took a 'selfie' last night, is that what you call it? Anyway there was no one else around and I didn't have time to set up my tripod for my camera, so the mobile phone it was. We were going out to a dinner last night and I was happy. REALLY REALLY HAPPY! I like going out to my husband's functions, but I usually dread the "what to wear" discussions I have in my head and it has caused all matter of stresses to me in the past. But this time it was different. I went through my wardrobe and I actually had a selection of clothes to pick from rather than the one obligatory going out outfit which was usually all that fitted. I felt great. There were actually some outfits I'd forgotten I had and I fell in love with all over again.
I felt happy, and confident and in control. And it was a GREAT feeling!
The meal was an alternate serve type meal so Mike was great and asked me each time which looked like the lesser of two evils and swapped if I needed to. Good man!
Entree was garlic prawns or satay chicken. I had the satay chicken, which was cooked in batter so I shredded that off and just ate the chicken and a little bit of the satay.
Main was chicken coq au vin? I think that was it, anyway it was chicken and mushrooms and a sauce of some description on masses of mashed potatoes. Thank goodness Mike had that, it was huge and I was worried about my will power. I had the lamb which was a smaller serving, potato and broccolini.
Dessert was cake which had been decorated with berries. I had a mouthful of cake and just ate the berries.
All washed down with water. No wine for me. This was a red flag event for me and I passed. It felt good.
Next week spells two very big red flag events - my birthday on Friday and my stepson's 18th birthday party on Saturday. Can we say ... "danger danger Will Robinson" and wave my arms wildly in the air??? So I'm going to up the exercise, up the water, and ensure the calorie counting is for every morsel that passes my lips. And remember in the forefront of my mind that my new black dress that I am planning to wear on Saturday night does not call for any lumps and bumps, particularly as there will be an ex-wife in attendance. Ha! What better way to keep me on the straight and narrow.
Have a great week ahead everyone.

1 comment:
Good luck with your red flag weekend, I'm sure you'll be fine! :)
Post a Comment