Yes, back to work I went today. Oh well. Funny I don't even feel like I've had 2 weeks off now. But I'm back to a routine already so that's one good thing.
I can't believe we're at Week 4 in this round already, so you know what that means, measure up, and tally up. I'll measure a bit later in the week and do the rest of the trials, but I did the time trial when I got home tonight. Now just because I'm now running 1.5km on the treadmill, I tell you it's a heck of a lot harder out on the road. Why is that? So I still needed to walk on odd occasions in the 1km. But I chipped away at my starting time so of that I'm giving myself a high five.
Started this round running 1km in 7 minutes 45.
Tonight I ran it in 7 minutes 33. Yahooooo!!!
That's a big difference from the start of the last round, the start of me on this 12wbt journey, where it was 8 minutes 54. So I'm definitely improving.
Now you may or may not know if you've seen my other family/crafty blog, that I scrapbook. Yes I can hear the groans. But memory keeping is a really big part of what makes me tick. Putting our stories down on paper. Now last week I turned (cough cough) 48, and I thought it was a great idea to put down 48 things I love right now on my 48th birthday. All very random, in no particular order, and yes I realise I put chocolate down first, but hey, sue me.
What did amaze me as I started the list was just how many of these loves (some old, some new) of mine were related to my weight loss, getting healthy, my new lifestyle and the 12wbt program.
* exercising
* learning to run
* losing weight and seeing the number on the scales going down
* fitting into clothes I had long since forgotten
* Michelle Bridges and 12wbt changing my life
* anticipation of my trip to Sydney with new friends from 12wbt and the possibility of meeting the amazing Michelle.
* penang chicken for dinner my favourite
* a glass of cold thirst quenching water
* going to the gym and knowing I've had a good work out
* that I finally feel deserving of the good things that the universe is giving me
* the fact that I am now 48 and am healthy and happy and alive
((Credits for products used in this page from Designer Digitals)) You can click on the scrapbook page if you want to read the full list.
So what things are giving you joy right here right now, relating to your new healthy lifestyle. I'd love to hear about it.
Speaking of joy ... :-)
We had my stepson's 18th birthday party last Saturday, it was a lot of fun. I wore my new black dress and bright green emerald coloured coat. And honestly the last time the kids saw me in a dress was our wedding day, I'm sure. So I get there and slipped my coat off and the double takes I got from people who know me and hadn't seen me since before the program started had me internally jumping up and down, silently squealing and clapping like a seal !!!
Even better that there was an ex-wife there who did one of the double takes. (Oh, did I say that out loud? My bad.). :-)
Have a great weigh in tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment