I finished work today and talk about enthused. Friday late afternoon and there I was hitting it at the gym. There was leftover Penang chicken to be had for dinner tonight, so no need to hurry home and cook. So it was me time.
I had a great workout, I don't know where all this enthusiasm is coming from but I want to bottle it! I think I'd make a fortune.
I got home and Mike just nonchalantly said that there was a couple of letters and a package on the kitchen table (trying to hide the grin). At first I didn't take much notice being that I had ordered a few things lately online so thought it was just one of those things finally arriving. Until I looked at the return address.
SQUEAL ~~~ MICHELLE BRIDGES !
Oh my goodness my prize had arrived already. I took my time in opening and savouring the moment. I was thrilled with the parcel but even more so, there was a note from Michelle, handwritten. Yep, Mike held it up and declared it not a print, but real handwriting!! Yippee yippee yippee. This is going to motivate me even more.
Mike said after all the squealing had died down, "jeez, she's the leader and you're all disciples aren't you". Well I guess we are! We are all on the Michelle train to success.
So after I downloaded my camera I realised I forgot to take a photo of the actual chi ball. I'm totally going to be into this I can already tell. Once we blew it up I was prancing around the kitchen tonight like one of the Olympic Gymnasts!
4 week Mini Milestone
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow, a little bit of apprehension swirling about, but excited nonetheless. Some of the Warrnambool & Surrounds 12wbt group organised by the lovely Janie are getting together to take on the volcano !!! We're heading out to Tower Hill to run (walk ... crawl) up and down the crater.
Now bear in mind, for the 11 years I've been floating about this area having known Mike that long, I've only been to Tower Hill twice. Both times for long luxurious picnics down at the bottom, eating to our hearts content, basking in the sunshine, marvelling at the emus that would come right up to us, spotting the koalas in the trees, you get my drift. Nothing strenuous.
Tomorrow is going to be another kettle of fish entirely.
Because of my sore feet tonight from the treadmill at the gym, look what the hero of the evening did for me. A foot rub! Bliss. Said he's taking one for the team! Oh and the little furry bundle you can see nestled down in the corner of the couch is my little training companion, Lucky, dozing. He didn't really "get" the Michelle excitement unfortunately.
So as for tomorrow. Watch ... this ... space ! :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment