Sunday, September 23, 2012

I feel like a Rock Star !!

... a limping sore one, but a rock star nonetheless.

We've just completed Week 4 so time for a mini milestone challenge.  The ever adventurous Jane thought up a challenge like no other.   To take on a volcano!

[[ cue the delirious laughter here!!! ]]

So she set about getting a group of us from the Warrnambool & Surrounds crew together to take on Tower Hill and in particular the impressive crater peak climb.   Now Jane was aiming for us to do it four times, to be quite frank as soon as I saw the first set of steps I thought I'd be happy enough just to get up and back once.   But I am proud to announce I went up and back FOUR TIMES!!!  Not only that but she had devised an evil plan to have us do 10 burpees, 10 Turkish sit ups, 10 push ups and 10 jumps every time we hit the bottom before climbing back up to the top again.

Here we are looking all fresh faced and excited before we started, a lovely tourist stopped to take our photograph then told us quite frankly we were nuts!


And then we were off.   The climb to the top of the crater is a mixture of steps and steep paved inclines, some of which particularly at the top I did need to haul myself just about to get up there.   I just sighed then looking at this photograph as I uploaded it remembering the pain!!!    I did take my camera up on my second climb up so I was able to snap some photographs on the way up and down, but I tell you it was so darn heavy to lug, it was a one time only, any other photo opportunities had to go begging.


And here I am further up the trail looking down on a couple of the girls at one of the landings.   Yep it was steep! 

We all ran and walked and jogged (and I swear in some cases I crawled) at our own paces, high fiving on the trail as we were passing each other by, offering encouragement, keeping up a never say die attitude that I was absolutely so incredibly proud of.   Here's to new friends, girls we have connected with on the 12wbt forum and in our own local facebook group for our area.  Here we three had hit the top at the same time so had one of the tourists take our photograph.  It was quite the thrill to meet Casey who I really enjoy reading her blog.   She is going great guns on the program, and had even worked out at the gym prior to doing the crater climb, how inspiring is that!!

Yes, I fear that is a look of delirium on my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Oh Good Lordy Lord!   Note the bags under the eyes.  Ouch.

And here's the girl of the moment!   The fabulous Jane who got us revved up and doing this challenge.  I might be sore and sorry right now, I feel like I have tennis balls in the back of my calves but even with all the hurt, I feel like a total rock star.  So thank you Jane, you well and truly got me moving yesterday!


Roll on the week ahead, although I feel sore, I feel quite invincible!  I realised on my third time up that I had the hidden speed of an Olympic Athlete when I saw a snake sunbaking on the side of the path, I took off running!  Aaaarrgggh!

So this weekend took on a volcano and won!   Tomorrow the world!   Yahoooooooooooooo!

No comments: