The back massage, oh it was so good. I really didn't realise how much I was hurting until I felt truly relaxed. Funny that. She made the aches and pains literally disappear. But it was the facial where I felt well and truly spoilt. The scents were divine. The products used were amazing. By the end of it I felt well and truly energised, ready to give my all to this round.
This is not something I do regularly, in fact I've worked out the last facial I had was about 25 years ago! But I tell you it is definitely going to be my carrot in this program. At the end of the current round I'm going to do it all again ... so yep, that carrot is dangling. It was a perfect reward for me right here right now and really has made me feel terrific today.
I read a post on the 12wbt forum written by ToughMudder the other day which really resonated with me. This very wise woman has lost 62kg, woah! What an inspiration. She mentioned that there is no easy way in this journey. Oh boy, I think I've worked that one out. But just to keep chipping away at the numbers until there's nothing left to chip away at.
At weigh in on Wednesday I had lost only 100 grams. I was instantly disappointed after all the hard work and calorie counting. On Tuesday at the gym I even ran 1.5 km this time non-stop which is flipping incredible, all thanks to my work out buddy Tania and her unfailing motivation. And then bang, on Wednesday, only 100 grams gone?!? Are you freaking kidding me scales?
And then I remembered ToughMudder's post. And I realised that 100 grams is yet another chink gone, chipped away. So I do appreciate that post, it's great how someone's words can really make a difference when it counts.
AMEN!

No comments:
Post a Comment