Saturday, September 15, 2012

Red flag days

I survived my first really big red flag day for this round yesterday, it was my birthday.  I'm going to call it a red flag DAY, as it could have been easy to let my guard down.   And because we have another red flag event tonight for my stepson's 18th birthday, I decided a meal in at home for my birthday yesterday was a good choice, rather than dining out. 

We still indulged but it was a controlled indulgence.   Everything in moderation right?   I made a delicious porterhouse steak and a green salad with a home made citrus dressing, ensuring I had the smallest piece of steak.   And I just knew I couldn't be trusted with birthday cake this year.  It's not so much the piece of birthday cake, it's the fact that I couldn't trust myself not to eat the whole leftover cake the next day.   So I thought a small individual dessert cake from the bakery (with a few cut up strawberries on the side) was a better choice.  Once it was gone it was gone.


The cake was delicious, orange almond baby cake, and I think my wish when blowing out the candle was that it didn't have a million calories!!

Today I have been extra good and really upped my water intake and exercise and really controlled my calories.  The 18th birthday is being held at the same place I had dinner with the 12wbt girls recently, so the menu is a known quantity so that's always a good thing to feel empowered when ordering.  Plus I have my new black dress to wear.  It will be interesting seeing the faces on my stepchildren, I think the only dress they've ever seen me wear is my wedding dress.   

Funny, but not, I'm actually looking forward to getting back to work next Tuesday.   Two weeks off is always a good thing, not going to work is a great thing, but boy it can get a person out of routine.  

1 comment:

Marney said...

Well done on the self restraint. Today we made single serve cakes, I am a bit like you I think, it's not the single slice after dinner, but the rest of the cake tomorrow - problem solved. Teacup cakes! I'm glad you had a great day, and belated happy birthday! ;D Marney x