I am going to say a lot of my problem is that I don't think ahead and then when inspiration hits I'm here at home. Oh to have a 24 hour supermarket within easy reach, or to have a supermarket with a wide selection full stop.
We have 2 small supermarkets in town. I won't go to one as I've been caught far too many times buying goods that were out of date or tasted stale. The other one is the hub of town but being an IGA it is limited in the variety it sells and ends up for the most part being expensive.
But today I was prepared. I started off making the sensational 12wbt banana bread. I've found it so much easier to cook it in muffin tins to get 16 even pieces. Bagged up separately, it freezes well, and it's a quick grab for a breakfast on the run.
Then I made up the yummy granola from a recipe a friend put me into from The Healthy Chef. Honestly this stuff should be lethal. It's soooo good. Added to the almonds is a gorgeous taste of vanilla bean, honey, apricots, dried blueberries and currants. What's not to love.
This pic is not from today but from last time I made it, but it looked just as good today!!
Then for an easy dinner a fave 12wbt Cauliflower Soup. Doubled the recipe for 8 serves so my freezer is stocked with soup for my late nights home from the gym.
Here it is waiting for it to boil. The result after blitzing at the end is the most silky smooth texture, oh so good. The man had a few too many pieces of bread and butter but he says it's extremely dunkable!!
So feeling quite positive about the week ahead. A good run yesterday, a cook up today, what's happened to me!!??
And today I've been working on some digital scrapbooking pages, there's a couple of pages of our darling grandson. Here's one I did the other day of one of the first glimpses we had of him. Be prepared for many many more pages of this sweet little boy.
Product Credits Designer Digitals.
And today I've been working on some digital scrapbooking pages, there's a couple of pages of our darling grandson. Here's one I did the other day of one of the first glimpses we had of him. Be prepared for many many more pages of this sweet little boy.
Product Credits Designer Digitals.




1 comment:
Love the "here's one I made earlier" freezer option!! I reckon we could survive 2 months off our freezer alone........maybe longer!!!!!
Post a Comment