So it's no secret but I've been struggling with my eating of late. Yummy yummy things have just fallen into my mouth at regular intervals and the scales have started to groan. Well I reckon if they could they would. And I'm not sure where my resolve has gone. Well I know it's somewhere other than with me.
So last night I went to bed mega early, I was so tired after a big week. Now I often have thoughts of doing early morning runs but I usually open one eye, then the other, listen for wind or rain, then roll over and go back to sleep only to go later. But this morning after a really good nights sleep I bounded out of bed, got dressed, fed the menagerie, and then I was out of there. Go me!
This is where the epiphany comes in. An early morning run really does set the mood of the day. I have eaten really well and clean today, I haven't wanted to ruin the good start I had set for myself. Whereas it's made me think, that when I run after work (which I enjoy) it's after a hard day, I put in the kms, then I feel the need to reward myself for a job well done. Cause it's after work that my food resolve crumbles. My disorganization, the cooking on the fly, the extras that get bought at the supermarket because I have no idea what I'm cooking.
So I really need to rethink this early morning running gig, don't I? And yes I'm sure everyone bar me has worked this out, and I know about getting the monkey off your back and all, but the flow on effect to my eating, or lack of bad eating, has really struck me today.
Anyway this morning's run totalled 8km and I realised what a mess the rain had made of some of the roads I run on. :-(. Err no kidding ...
And it was cold when I set off but after 2km my running jacket had been tied around my waist and I was sleeveless. Makes me laugh when I run past someone out for an early morning walk wearing coat and scarf and gloves, and I go running by in no sleeves!
However I did have a wee mishap and almost went arse over turkey when I slipped on this track you can see behind me here. It was muddy in parts and I was switching tracks and jumping from one to the other, I mean to say I don't want my Mizunos to get dirty! So did the funky chicken dance as I was slipping and righted myself but ouch felt that strain in my hip, like I had wrenched myself. So whilst it slowed me down I continued on, albeit at a slow pace. But thumbs up, I did it.
And hey, got my Road ID bracelet in the mail so took it on it's first outing. So if I am found unconscious on the side of the road, they can return me to sender!! ;-)
As for coincidences, or I should say outright surprises...
During the week I was over in Portland for a work functionthat was being conducted and afterwards was chatting to one of my colleagues and a woman came up to me and said something like ... "Thought I'd come over to see if I could (slight pause) Find Carol" and I do believe she winked. My work colleague said "Well you've found her" and he wandered off. She again said something like "So looks like I might have been successful in FINDING CAROL" and again accenting the words.
OMG it dawned on me, this woman has read my blog and recognized me!!! What a crack up. And of course my mind did an instant oh flip what have I written of late! Ha.
So mystery lady (because I'm sorry I have forgotten your name) I'm glad you said hello, hope you excused my shocked expression and then manic laughing when I realised you had read along. You just never know who you're going to meet out there.
And finally on the scrapbooking front, who doesn't love a happy dog, right? It doesn't take much to make Lucky happy. And here you can see one of the routes I usually run, how lucky to run in all that country goodness.
Credits for supplies: Designer Digitals.
And finally on the scrapbooking front, who doesn't love a happy dog, right? It doesn't take much to make Lucky happy. And here you can see one of the routes I usually run, how lucky to run in all that country goodness.
Credits for supplies: Designer Digitals.




2 comments:
That reminds me of when you came up to me in Dunkeld. It's a good feeling (but weird at the same time) that your blog is getting recognised.
Love that you got up and ran (more inspiration). Love that you got recognised (it blows me away - not from my fitness blog, but my homeschooling one!) and I love you are putting your scrapbooking in here too - maybe I will get my act together there too.
Post a Comment