Monday, July 21, 2014

Yet another challenge - keeping me enthused !

So as well as the fun runs I've entered, as well as the Licorice & Olives virtual 5km monthly challenge, I've now signed up for yet another challenge.  I'll do it all or die trying right?  I've worked out for myself I need something to work towards.  I have been a bit aimless, but now have that plan forward.

So what is this new challenge I hear you ask.

You did ask didn't you?   ;-)

It's the Mind Body Motion Multi-Stage Kilometre-athon.  Training started today and I hit the pavement for a 5km run.  Plus an added challenge they threw at us, to take a selfie wearing green.  Lucky my green running shirt is one of my faves!



So I've signed up for the 20km challenge and basically we are using a training schedule provided by the effervescent Kaz to ultimately (for my challenge) to run 20km on the weekend of 18 and 19 October.  Well I figured I would already be running 10km on the 18 October at the Mosaic to Mountain fun run at Dunkeld.  So it will be interesting how the training goes for me running on tired legs as it will require another 10km run the next day.  I"m up for the challenge.

And so aside from running, we had a lovely visit for dinner from Tab, Aaron and Saxon last night.  Oh be still my heart, the little man is already 1 month old today.  It's so much fun watching Mike go all gooey over him, he really is just the most captivating little man, and the faces!  I could have watched him all night.  He better get used to the camera, that's for sure.  I had to take these photos with a high ISO and wide open and no flash, I don't want to startle him, but I'm going to have to invest in one of those flashes that throw the flash to the side, cause the grain is killing me in the photos.

Enjoy this baby goodness.  :-)

Saxon loves his Grumpy and listening to Mike having complete conversations with him and Saxon pulling faces is just the best.


And I just melt.  He is so alert and knows what is going on around him.  I tell you being a nanna has made my life complete.


And lots of cuddles can be real hard work and he put up the Do Not Disturb sign when just like that, a click of the fingers and he was asleep!


Precious.  And oh how I am loving taking photos of him.

3 comments:

Matilda said...

Challenges are great motivators.
You've run a half, you'll be able to run this. Just take it easy and if you need to walk so be it.
But you aren't a quitter so I'll now you rock it.

Love the photo's of Saxon, what a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Nawwwww Adorable!!!!!

Yep, challenges are the way to go for me too. If I don't have something I'm working towards it's too easy to have another wine or stay in bed or any of those things that decrease fitness & increase the waist line LOL!!!

Ingi said...

A nanna! No way! Enjoy :-)