I think since not being able to follow through with Run Forrest, and my next planned event is not until November, I need to find this mojo and find it fast. I don't want to lose all form.
I think add to that the horribly cold winter, eeek! Not liking that one bit. I've resorted to the gym after work to ditch the cold and the rain and the dreaded wind, but now that I love the great outdoors, I know that the treadmill is a means to an end but it's oh so boring.
- I start and after a while think, gosh that must have been a kilometre.
- I am so awesome!
- Nope only 2 minutes gone.
- Put the speed up.
- Run a bit more.
- 10 minutes yet?
- Nope only 3 minutes! Eeeeek.
- Maybe I'll play with the incline.
- How are we going with the time?
- Are you freaking kidding me, 4 minutes? How does time go so slow.
- Oooooh man on the next treadmill running slow.
- Might race him.
- Yep, beating him for sure.
- Look over, WHAT? He's running faster than me. Can't be possible.
- Darn these short legs of mine.
- I might be related to the energizer bunny.
- How many minutes?
- Only 5 minutes, far out!
- I'm soooooo bored.
- Fiddle with the speed again.
- Faster.
- Slower.
- Faster.
- Change the music on my iPhone.
- 6 minutes. Am I caught in a timewarp or what?
- Start singing in my head.
- It WAS in my head wasn't it?
- Look around.
- Nope, no one looking.
- Whew!
- I was really rocking that song though.
- Too bad they couldn't hear me.
- Sore legs.
- How many minutes.
- 7 minutes, whaaaaaaat?
- Need to go to the loo.
- Can't stop, someone will take the treadmill.
- Need to finish.
- Really have to go though
- Thirsty.
- Try to drink, can't slurp and run.
- Urrgh, dribbled down my top.
- Oh no, really REALLY need to go now.
- And on and on and on my mind goes.
Needless to say, I really don't like running on the treadmill. But I know I need to look at the bigger picture. We're over the winter solstice, the days will start to get longer, I won't be coming home in the near dark, the weather will get better. Hurry up spring and get here is all I can say.
Must remember this one!

2 comments:
LOL I've had the same convo in my head on the tready. I think I do actually sing out loud though. hahaha
can you find an event before Nov just to keep you interested?? That's what keeps me motivated, training for an actual event. I much prefer 12 week training blocks than 21 week ones though I must say!!!!
Hehehehe that conversation, I think any runner on a treadmill can relate. I don't like the treadmill, even if it's cold I still prefer to run outside.
So what run you doing in November? I don't have any paid events, but I'm hoping to do the Wimmera Heart Challenge which is in August. Only want to do the 5km over the 10k, as I really want to get faster on the 5km. After that no idea.
Post a Comment