Saturday, July 26, 2014

A weekend without rain ... what is that?

I'm not wanting to speak too soon, but it hasn't rained yet.  This would be the first weekend for a long long time!  In face I have been out in the garden and giving the couple of roses we have a bit of a prune, and digging up some weeds from the driveway and generally tidying the flowers and cutting off some ratty bits.  Feels like an accomplishment.

So I had planned to do another 5km run after work yesterday and it ended up being 6.  It was a terrific evening for running.  Still chilly so I wore my vest over my t-shirt, but the sea smelt wonderful.  I always chuckle when I go past this sign ... travel slowly!  I reckon they put it there just for me, cause I'm a plod for sure.  Couldn't resist a quick snap.  Yep it was a little bit blowy which you can see with my hair.



I'm about to start chopping butternut pumpkin for my Thai Pumpkin Soup from 12wbt which I absolutely love.  It's a soup night tonight for us, plus I bought Mike a big cheesy herby pull apart to have with his soup.  Delicious!  I feel like I'm back on the straight and narrow all thanks to my friend Chloe.  We have become each other's cheer squad with regard to our eating habits.  She's got me using My Fitness Pal again, so there's no hiding my eating now!

Before I go here's a page of darling Saxon.   I love watching him while he's sleeping, he does these amazing big stretches.  A bit like his Grumpy who never gets up without a big stretch.


Products used:  Designer Digitals.


I do believe there will be some crochet and knitting in my future, by the fire tonight  It might not be raining but it's sure chilly.

4 comments:

Matilda said...

Why does the weather dictate our runs? I don't mind if it's drizzly rain, but pouring down rain, yeah no thanks.

Have you registered for run for russ? If they don't get enough entries they may have to cancel it. If it does go ahead, this will be it's last year :(

Ingi said...

Nice work Carol - so glad to see you are keeping up on the running! Very inspirational. I will attempt to go out in the freezing Canberra cold and go for at least one walk this week :-)

Pink Penny said...

The rain in winter is why I don't miss Victoria. You guys should all move up here to Queensland! The best winters (but too humid summers I'll be honest). I hear the next 12WBT festival is going to be in Melbourne. Will you be going Carol?

Anonymous said...

such fun planning your run around the weather forecast!!! I figure I should just get out & do it at the moment. Don't want to get to event day & go ahhhh the weather's a bit shit, i'm not doing it LOL!!!!