Sunday, July 6, 2014

Righto, inspired !

I have spent this weekend battling a two day headache, I think it may be eye sight related, I am overdue for my eyes to be tested.  Add to that the terrible weather, and people, I DID NOT RUN this weekend!  Oh the shame.

I have however spent most of the morning checking out the incredible ladies (and man) of our 12wbt Runners Connect Group who were up on the Gold Coast running various distances, not to mention six of them who ran the full marathon.  I was in awe.  They had a website where you could check the live splits of each 5km they passed.  I swear my refresh button went into overdrive.  We were in a frenzy watching along on our facebook group.  Totally inspirational.

Oh and a shout out to my good friend Sharon, who's hubby also ran the marathon.

Made me want to get out and run, the mind may have been willing but the body wasn't today.

I have however got my act into gear and sat down and made a plan for the rest of the year, and now have three races entered.

I wonder what else I can add into that mix.  So now no excuse, I must get out there and get back training on a regular basis.   Pretty excited as my online running buddy from up north, yes Chloe, that's you, is doing all of these too.  Well at least I know she's doing the last one as that entry is in.  Hopefully doing the top two as well, so I will get to meet her, so I know she's not a figment of our facebook group  ;-)

So one other thing I did this weekend is ordered a Road ID wrist band.  Probably similar things here in Australia, but this one came from the US, well priced and cheap postage.   I think this is a great idea, because firstly, here where I live we run on the roads as not many of the streets in town have footpaths.  Secondly, despite the fact I carry my phone, if I am knocked unconscious no one will know who I am as my phone is locked.  

I like their marketing too, once ordered I got an email from them confirming my order which stated:
"Hello Carol,
Thank you again for your recent Road ID Order.  You have made a very wise investment in safety and peace of mind - it's astonishingly obvious that you are a highly intelligent individual."

What can I say!  The word is out there  ;-)

Now the other thing I've been thinking about this weekend is my blog.  I have two blogs - one is a family/crafty orientated blog.  The other is this one - about my health and fitness escapades.  I decided to keep them separate and well people who know of my other blog have no idea about this one.  I mean to say, did I want people in my every day life to know how much I weighed??!!  Gulp.  That was only secret, in here.

Anyway as time has gone on it's hard keeping two blogs going.  And a lot of my health and fitness escapades ARE my ordinary every day family life now.  A lot of the time I was just copy/pasting the same detail on both blogs.  So that's just silly.   So I am going to keep this blog going, and so as well as my ramblings about all things running and health and fitness, you're going to see a bit of the other side of Carol, the one who likes to digital scrapbook and knit and crochet.  That makes for an all rounded me I guess.  

So hope you hang in there with me.

And so, to that end here's a recent scrapbook page where the challenge was to document a moment where we met someone famous.  This was from earlier this year at the Surf T Surf in Warrnambool where I got to meet Mona.  Well, he had no choice, I was about to follow him mercilessly after the race to get the photo, but as it happened I really did turn around at one stage and bump right into him and grabbed the opportunity.


(If you want to read the journalling, just click on the image to bring it up larger)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Carol!! Glad you've found your mojo & & some inspiration!!!

I've looked at RoadID too - but hadn't gotten around to ordering. I guess it's time to get my butt into gear & just do it!!!!

Matilda said...

You'll be running on my home turf. Woohoo! I plan on doing the 5km though. I really want to focus on my shorter distances for the next few months.
I also plan on doing the Discover Dunkeld run too, I'll be doing the 10km. I haven't registered yet, but I will.
I also want to do the citytosea, but it's my mum's b'day weekend so I better not. That and it also clashes with a run in Avoca that I want to do. Oh well, I love my mum, so those runs will have to wait for another year.

When I was getting and id band, I was tossing up between road id and 1bandid. I edned up going with the 1bandid, as the features on the roadid i wouldn't use. But still they offer great service, and you will love it.
I keep mine on my watch, cause I run with my watch 99.9% of the time.
I have a review on 1bandid on my blog, feel free to go have a look.