I love reading people's blogs and hear about their runs, but what the sights are on a usual run for one person are sooooo far removed from another. So I thought it would be fun to share some pics from my morning's run. Yay for my new phone, it was easy to slow down and snap and keep on running.
The sun had only just come up and as I headed out of town there was mist hanging over the paddocks. I remember saying to someone once how sorry I felt for the cows when it was cold, and I promptly got told ... "hey, you do realise they wear leather jackets!!" hmmm.
As I turned a corner up one of the lanes the sun cast a beautiful glow through the trees. The morning was still. There was no wind. It was perfect running weather. One of those days you almost do a little squeal because everything was coming together beautifully - breathing, pace, conditions. Actually, there may have been just a teeny tiny squeal, I'm sure the cows won't tell.
The road heading back into town, which soon turns into grass, to which was wet, to which my runners, my socks and my feet turned into icy cold wet blocks. Ick. But still no blisters. I swear I'm going to bathe in Body Glide. Bless Di McG for sending me this!
Holy cow I'm long tall and thin, if only in my shadow! :-)
So there you have it, my perfect morning run, and a few of the sights I see regularly when I run about town here. 7.4 km this morning. I got home, quick shower, breakfast and then I was off into Warrnambool to see some of our 12wbt girls in the half marathon Koroit to Warrnambool run. I was thrilled to cheer them on and take photos for them. And I was in awe at the ultra-marathon runners who ran from Port Fairy to Warrnambool and then 8km around Warrnambool before finishing. Wow. Thank goodness it was perfect conditions for them all and not the rain we had during the week.
So my whole mindset has completely turned around, I'm gung ho and ready to smash another week. Hope yours is a great one.






5 comments:
Your gorgeous sunrise certainly beats my talking rubbish bin hands down! Great photos - what a lovely part of the world you live in. :)
Oh lovely!! What beautiful pics :) Let's all have an amazing week 6!
That early morning light is just beautiful!
oh wow I am so envious of your running route. Mine is a highway, no cows, lots of cars. The fog? It is probably smog..... oh hum.... that is why I run at night... I can pretend I am in the countryside :)
Great photos, that certainly is a beautiful part of the world.
Post a Comment