Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Eeek!! When things go wrong

Well Kit Kats aside, and despite keeping up the exercise, I obviously have slackened off in the food arena, dropped my bundle, increased portion sizes, snacked after dinner, stopped calorie counting, and basically stuffed right up this past week.

Which saw a ... 1.3kg gain.

O--M--F--G !!!

I've had a couple of little gains amongst all my losses over the past 12 months, but nothing like 1.3kg in a week.  And how easy it was to put on.  Flip.  I was half expecting it I guess.  So strangely when I got on the scales I wasn't devastated.  Oh it's shocking of course, disappointed of course, hated owning up to it to Mike, hated putting it out there to our Warrnie crew, but to own it has given me the shake up I needed.  I've reversed my sad little head, I slapped myself stupid, and I have stood back up with a renewed steely determination to turn it back around again.

A little blimp on my journey, that's what I'm going to call it.


I guess it's not realistic to think I'm not going to stuff up royally at times, and I guess that makes me human.  The main thing is to pick myself back up, dust myself off, and get back on that proverbial horse.

Yee ha!

Still no snacking after dinner this week, so at least I've turned that around.

Although I did feel like a fraudster with Mish's email that came tonight.


I just want to say… KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

You are weighing in regularly, and I can see you are losing weight.
You made a pledge to me that you wanted to be healthy and exercise more, and you are proving that you stick to your word!


Oh Mish, you have the wrong Carol there for sure!  That email is DEFINITELY not for me.

2 comments:

Indigo Kate said...

It was most certainly meant for you Carol. Take a bow. One wee blip does not a fraudster make. You're doing a fabulous job. I'm cheering you on.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Kate :) Also you've done a great job on not snacking after dinner and on everything that you've put into this over the last 12 months!