HA! CAUGHT YOU.
You did scroll didn't you? Couldn't help yourself !!!
I'll back track for a teeny bit. Fabulous lass Emily from energyandEmily blog fame had a fabulous idea called the Pen Pal project. I can't wait to see what I get, who doesn't love getting something from the postie that isn't a bill huh? So anyway when my mystery gifter contacted me for my address details she asked innocently if I did instagram. Nope, I think I tried it about a year ago from my iPad but gave up. I mean, how different is it from facebook right?
Wrong!
After that innocent comment I worked out what my log in details, and armed with my new iPhone which is only about 3 weeks old, I have been snapping everything in sight! I've become a maniac. It's the scrapbooker in me, I'll use that as my excuse.
I also like to share parts of my run - what I see. For some reason I find that extremely interesting seeing what people see on their runs. It's fun to imagine we're all out there pounding the pavement, the roadsides, the grass, whatever, all in different parts of the country, all seeing a different norm.
So anyway yesterday and today after work, I decided to go for a run round the foreshore. It's been sensational evenings and I don't know how my mind has been working. I loved running round the foreshore in the summer before heading home from work, but for some reason I figured that the end of Day Light Saving meant the end of my foreshore running. So I've been finishing work, driving home, then running in the dark around my little town.
Doh! Don't ask me where my head has been. Why not do my favourite run THEN go home!
So last night and tonight I started it again. What a perfect way to end the week in Warrnambool. So over the last two nights I've snapped a couple of pics of my run so you can see what a sensational view I get. Which of course got loaded up into Instagram ... see where I was heading on my roundabout way.
Just got out of my car and doing a few stretches looking out along the breakwater.
Finishing the run yesterday, seeing the clouds roll in with the twilight.
And then tonight, I finished running from the breakwater to the surf club and back along Pertobe Road, then decided to run up the pier and back. It was such a beautiful early evening.
The clouds had started turning pink, it was really pretty.
So I snapped this from midway along the pier.
So really a PERFECT two nights running.
I finished up tonight really appreciating where I work so I get to see views like this
before heading inland home to my little town.
before heading inland home to my little town.
What on earth could be wrong with the world on a night like tonight.
My run was good.
I felt great.
I was wearing my favourite hot pink running jacket.
I had done my stretches at the end of the pier.
I was ready to head home.
I got in the car and saw this in the mirror.
OH MY GIDDY AUNT !!! (to borrow a phrase from my mum)
Where did that bird's nest come from ???????
We really have to laugh at ourselves don't we?
It's all part of the cup's half full mentality.
Hope I gave the fishermen on the pier a laugh tonight.
Crazy woman with the red bird's nest hair huffing and puffing past them!




3 comments:
You look so happy, I'm sure the fisherman loved it!
Loving seeing where you run Carol. Great post. Ahh, runner's hair - so much better than runner's knee. Looking fab in the new jacket too. Yay for you!
Oh I so need a new phone! Those photos are great, and I can see why you'd love Instagram (right up your alley!).
On the 'wild' pic - yeah, we've all had those lol. Why do you think I have so many hats?
Post a Comment