Thursday, June 13, 2013

What a difference a couple of days makes

I had mentioned the other day that Miss Kellie from our Warrnie group issued us a challenge last Monday.  We had to own up to the food item or habit formed or whatever it was that was holding us back from success, share that vice, resist it and then report back at the end of the week.

So the habit I reported on was the snacking after dinner, which had become a complete habit over the past few weeks ... or dare I even say months ... when I completely didn't need it.

Talk about a turn around in attitude.  It's like I'm back to day one on 12wbt again, I'm pumped.  Amazing that when you string a couple of really successful days together, it's like success breeds success.  Since Monday I have not eaten a thing after dinner.  I have had my one hot water coffee that I have said I would have.  But not a morsel of food has passed these lips.  I feel like Rocky Balboa at the moment, pumping my fists in the air.  I actually feel quite strong and in control ... at this very moment in time.  But like anything, I know that can turn on the spin of a ten cent piece.  But while the momentum is going, I'm going with it.

Oh and I would like to say thank you for the comments of support in the last couple of days, it meant a lot.  I am usually such a cup's half full kind of girl, can't keep me down, but it threw me for a loop it did.  So I appreciate the time you spent to boost me up again.



I have the day off tomorrow and I am heading to Geelong to hit the sales baby!  Really looking forward to doing a decent clothes shop for once, and then I will ditch the saggy baggy that my 'in between' clothes have started to become.

I do find it hard though, I get so emotionally attached to clothes, I find it hard to cull.  But I need to be ruthless.  The only dress I should be emotionally attached to is my wedding dress right?

So roll on the sales.

And I must report that I might be just a little bit back in love with Runkeeper.  I now have a shiny new iPhone (now that's a love affair in itself), and the run I did the other day with Runkeeper, well the GPS found me straight away and I hadn't even left the house yet.  So maybe all my angst with the program in recent times was more to do with a dying phone than the actual program.

I still want a Garmin, but I'm not as much in a hurry for one now.  That can wait till my birthday (hint hint Mike).  ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're feeling so much better!! Good work on your personal challenge too :) Have fun at the sales! Post some pics?

Anonymous said...

See?! It's all thanks to the Kit Kat! Good on you, Carol. Great to hear you're back (Rocky-style)! :D