Monday, April 1, 2013

I cracked the 8 !!!

I did it, I am over the moon.  This morning I headed out and 1 hour 12 seconds later I arrived back home having run 8.32 kilometres.  NON-STOP !!!  Okay so I'm not setting any land speed records for sure.  But that's okay, I'm building up my endurance.

Having entered the 8km run in the upcoming Mothers Day Classic, and never having run 8km in my life, I just wanted to see if I had it in me, so these past runs to date have been climbing but never quite reached the 8.  But today it did.  I am over the moon!

I ran the perimeter of town again, and then on the way back zig zagged to make up the rest of the distance.  Let's face it, our little town isn't that big.  We may need to move to a bigger town!! ha.


So I think my goal now is to concentrate on getting better times over the 8km, get this Mothers Day Classic run, and then start building the distance again.  Hopefully I'm on the right track there, I'm just making this up as I go.

A couple of things I noticed today though:

  • Mike was heading bush today and as I was running down Ararat Road, he passed me heading out of town.  As the car passed I could see the look of pride on his face as I just held my hand up and kept running, it's a pretty good feeling.
  • The amount of people that almost expect you to talk to them as you are running, can't they see I'm on the clock and trying to set a PB!!   Oh, I guess they can't.  :-)  So I just put up a hand in acknowledgement and keep on running.  No time to stop for chatter.
  • The shower I had when I got home was probably up there in the top 10 showers in my life, bliss!
  • I was ravenous when I then had breakfast, but I kept it in check with my muesli and toast.  Probably should have only had the muesli, but I needed the toast too, I'm listening to my body a bit better now.  
  • And lastly, nothing beats having sore feet and slipping into hand knitted pure woollen socks.  It's like giving my feet a comforting hug  (people who know me, know I love to knit socks!!)
This beautiful pair were knitted for me by my good friend Tanya, 
which makes them even more special.



Have a great week everyone.  We have guests coming for dinner tomorrow night and I am going to make a great stir fry with lots of vegetables and flavour.  And a Mish approved dessert, I know not what yet.  Better sort that out tonight.

1 comment:

Pink Penny said...

8km! What a great feeling!