This time last year, Easter Sunday night, I would have been in a chocolate stupor. I had no stopping power, and I would eat and eat until the chocolate became tasteless.
What a difference a year makes. This year I have indulged in a hot cross bun on Friday and today, but it has been planned. I put the shout out for no chocolate this year, and I love that my mum gave me a lovely door stop with a bunny on it instead (no matter how old I get, mum still gets me something!). Mike true to my wishes gave me the two planned hot cross buns from our lovely cafe in town. And my brother, well! He gave me chocolate. A block of my beloved white choc and a big Cadbury bunny. Can we say saboteur? Mike has very graciously offered to take them off my hands. Win-win for him huh? And he's hidden them so I have no idea where they are.
So all in all I'm going to announce this a very successful Easter.
Yesterday I didn't mention that I travelled down to Geelong to visit with mum and go shopping. I had a number of gift certificates burning a hole in my pocket so was able to do a whole lotta shopping for hardly any money. Bonus!
Big W saw me with a new pair of Mish leggings. And my Westfield voucher had me heading for Lorna Jane. I've never bought anything from them before, but yippee they had a sale on. So I now am the owner of a hot orange racer back bra. I sound like such an old nanna but I don't like my bra straps showing when I wear my racer back tops.
Eeeeek .... (and again with the butt shots no matter how many times I tell him not to!)
So I bravely tried on some different ones, wondering if they would fit me, did a bit of jumping around in the change room to check out the bounce factor and very happy with the bra I chose and the service I got there. She talked to me like I was real, visible, asked me about the runs I'd been doing, talked to me like a fit and active, healthy individual, like I mattered. It was a revelation.
All of a sudden I wasn't the fat girl going into the shop where there was obviously going to be nothing that would fit and the shop assistants would snicker behind their hands, so I would pretend I was buying something as a gift for my step-daughter, all the while furtively glancing at size labels hoping that I'd find a 18-20. Those days are well and truly gone.
So tomorrow I'm planning to go out early and see if I can do a PB in running. I'm not pushing these big runs (and I'm now calling anything between 5-10 k a big run) because let's face it, I've taken up running at age 48 and there are definitely aches and pains for a few days after I truly exert myself. Errr my butt has certainly felt it the last few days and it did a lot of protesting in the 2 hour drive to Geelong yesterday!

1 comment:
Happy Easter Carol. Want to see a pick of the racer-back bra ... Give Mike permission to do one bum shot please ... you can photoshop out the bum if you really want...
Post a Comment