Saturday, April 20, 2013

I did it again! It wasn't a fluke!!

Saturday morning, my favourite time of the week.  It never used to be. Friday nights were my favourite time of the week, the whole weekend in front of me, can veg out on the couch, take it easy.  Not any more, it's Saturday morning.  Get up, get out, and breathe in that fabulous morning air.

Hubby rolls over in bed and groggily asks how far I think I might run this morning.  I didn't want to say it out loud.  I just said "oh well, wherever my legs take me".

But secretly I wanted to run 10km again.  Just so I could solidify in my head that last week's efforts were not a fluke.

The morning was beautiful, crisp, but fantastic, I ran on the sunny side of the street, naughty I know, I'm meant to be running against traffic ... err ... very few footpaths in our town, so you run on the road.  But the sun was delicious this morning and I kept my ears out for any cars.

I was feeling fantastic, I could hear runkeeper in the pocket at the back of my running shirt counting down the 5 mins, 10 mins, 15 mins, and also counting down the 1km, 2km, 3km, and on it went.  I was actually running less than 7 minute kilometres.  I didn't set out to go that fast, but I could hear it telling me crazy stats like 6 min 55 sec kilometres and the like.  Wow.  

I was on the home stretch, oh about half a kilometre from home and my smile was so big, I knew I was going to make the 10, the last stat I heard was 9.5km.  I reached around as I was running to unzip my back pocket and get the phone out to check how close I was and I hit something and the whole run disappeared.  I had accidentally cancelled it.

WAAAAAAAHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Insert  [[ #$(*)($@)#%&@#&)#*E)#*)*#)*W#$()#(* ]] here.

Actually insert a lot of that there.  

End result, I retracked on runkeeper on the computer and I did approx 10.1 kilometres, I don't have the end time but perhaps about 1 hour 14 or so.  I felt freaking fantastic anyway.

It was a terrific morning.  Up on the outskirts of town I said "good morning" to the cows who stopped chewing just to stare at me as I ran past, I yelled out "hey" to some scaredy sheep that scattered, I nearly got taken by a low flying duck when I frightened it as it scampered as I ran around the lake.  It was a great morning to be alive.   And I know now it wasn't a fluke.  Yay me.

Funny little story to tell.  I've gone red, nahhh not just in my face, but my last haircut, I've had a red colour put through my hair and loved it so much that yesterday arvo I told her to go redder!  WOAH!  Where did that sense of bravado come from???  Funny what losing weight will do to a girl. 

So because I already had colour in my hair, I wasn't really due for another cut and colour just yet, but it's the only chance I have before finale to get one, she said she'd do the permanent in my roots and a semi-permanent on my ends so that my ends didn't get too dark.  Yeah whatever, she's the expert, I was only half taking it in.  She warned me the first wash don't be alarmed I may see some of the red rinse out.  

So on my run, I was getting sweatier and sweatier, my head usually sweats up a storm anyway and the back of my hair gets quite wet during a long run.  

OH NO!   Err yes!  

I reached up to my neck as I was on the home stretch and looked at my hand, there was some red dye going down the back of my neck.  True.  Hubby saw me when I got home ... "CAROL, YOUR HAIR IS LEAKING!!!!"   Quite funny really, can't imagine what people must have been thinking if they saw the back of my neck.  I had run so hard my head was bleeding!!!

EXCEPT THE DAY AFTER YOU GET YOUR HAIR DYED !!

3 comments:

karenmathie said...

Well done again on 10k. Your hubbies comment made me lol.
My run yesterday wasn't quite as fun, a slight drizzle turned into a sudden downpour, drowned rat / wet t-shirt material.....ha ha....the things we do!

Cass said...

Your blog is becoming one of my favourites. Great run!

Cass @ http://12wbtwithme.blogspot.com.au/

Anonymous said...

So happy for you with the 10km!! I am so far from this it's not funny, but am determined to get back into it. First step = reading about others doing it and feeling a bit inspired. Thanks Carol. :)