Monday, April 15, 2013

How quickly your mood can change

For sure.  I swear my mood can change on the spin of a 10 cent piece.  I had planned to go to the gym after work, but well work kinda got in the way, and all of a sudden it was an hour past my finishing time, and a looming 45 minute drive ahead of me to get home.

Do I?  Don't I?  Oh it's so easy on nights like this, particularly with day light saving over, to say hang it, I'll just head home.

But I didn't.

I got into my work out gear, and on my way out the office saw one of my friends here at work who is also currently doing 12wbt and we laughed about how easy it was to just go home, but I'll thank myself afterwards and no matter how tired I was right at that moment I would feel sensational by the time I got home.

And I'm so glad I did zig when I so wanted to zag tonight.

Now I just tend to go to the gym and do my own thing, follow (somewhat) Michelle's exercises, but just keep active.  One of the trainers however spotted me tonight when my plans went awry and the two rowing machines were taken just when I had planned to row after my run.  So I aimlessly did some weights, and stretches, and he came over to me.  I'm going to call him big tall tattoo guy (BTTG for short).

He said he'd noticed I didn't have a plan and wondered if I wanted to go through a plan with him.  Hell yeah.  I've never bothered before, not for want of not wanting to, but the trainers always look so busy (yeah yeah, I know I could have booked in a time).

So the most beneficial part of all this is that BTTG actually asked me what I want out of my workouts?  And what was really important to me?  So I told him about my weight loss and 12wbt and from that has brought about a feeling that I really want and need to run.  Great he said, he could definitely help me with leg strength.

What else he asked?

This is where I thought, okay, if I'm going to trust the BTTG with working out a plan for me, I need to really talk about what has been bothering me.



I mean to say he's not a mind reader right?  I could have just whispered "I want to work on my under arms" but no, I decided to show him my tuck shop lady arms, the bat wings flapping in the breeze.  I looked at him hopefully, "there's nothing you can do about this right?"

Wrong.  He said he could definitely work on my triceps.   Triceps I asked?  These are what Mike calls my "underceps".   He liked that term.  I think he's going to use it.  So if you hear it used at gyms round the nation, you heard it here first right?

So I now have a plan.  He even had me doing fast 30 second sprints on the elliptical (evil) machine that I avoid like the plague.  I think by this stage I was trying to impress BTTG and I nearly hit myself in the head in a moment of forgetfulness when I overbalanced and the handlebar thingy nearly clonked me.

I think I'm going to sign up for some sessions with BTTG.  I've never had sessions with a personal trainer before, and maybe I'm at the stage that I do need to be pushed.  I've really slowed down in this round, and my last lot of measurements at week 8 were EXACTLY the same as week 4.  Not even a tweek smaller.

So a hugely positive night tonight.  And all because I decided to exercise.  Go figure.

3 comments:

Emurgnshine said...

Ahhhh Carol I'm on one of those "evil machines" now and I nearly fell off laughing. Nothing like trying to impress a BTTG! As you know my Betty is a Xtrainer and slowly my "underceps" (Carol Copyright) are being absorbed to the tricep so Betty and Boxing are making a change.
Oh and power to the Zig! :)

Cass said...

I know I am stalking your blog atm, but who doesn't like lots of comments, and you posts are brilliant. Love all the inspirational images that you keep finding.

Cass @ http://12wbtwithme.blogspot.com.au/

Anonymous said...

Actual LOL at this (great imagery!). Love your blog, Carol. :)