Sunday, August 3, 2014

Weekend again

Where is the year going to?  We are into August and I've signed up for another round of 12wbt starting tomorrow.    This is it I've decided, my last hurrah to get things under wrap.  Full steam ahead, a birthday is right in the middle of it and I feel very positive right now, might change tomorrow (tee hee) but for RIGHT NOW I'm feeling good.

I can't tell you enough about how 12wbt has changed my life.  Given me my life back if you will.  And sure there's been blips and speed humps on the way that have slowed me down, but as Mike often says, while I'm focussing on the every day, I have sometimes lost sight of the bigger picture and how far I've come.

And yes, Summer IS coming!  Please PLEASE Summer come, I'm so over this winter, it's been a shocker.  Click on the pic to take you to 12wbt if you're interested in reading more.  It has made a world of difference to me and my life and I cannot praise the program high enough.



Every now and then someone from the awesome 12wbt Runners Connect group post something funny and it's usually running related naturally, but even a non-runner has got to crack up with this You Tube video.  And what made me laugh even more the second time I watched it with Mike, he actually asked "is this for real???" and I just looked at him aghast, and then he countered with "Well you know those crazy Americans are up for anything!!" (apologies to my American friends reading this).   :-)    Enjoy!

The Jog Strap ... 

something that could come in handy for every man who runs!
http://youtu.be/WWPFsF0iWjE



Now just throwing this into the mix, this was pointed out to me on facebook today and I mentioned it to Mike and wonder of wonders he is going to take up this challenge too (oh, only after tonight when he finishes the bag of chips he started that is in the cupboard !!)   Anyone in?  Love challenges like this, gives me a reason when I'm about to weaken, oh yeah the challenge ... "no I can't have that biscuit, cake, chocolate bar, [insert goodie of choice here]".  So August is going to be interesting with Mike on board, it will either go swimmingly and we'll both consider it a challenge to see who will break first so the other will win;  or he will be like a bear with a sore head.  Stay tuned.


And finally I needed to fit my last 5km run for the week in (three runs of at least 5km duration) and it was -1 this morning when I woke up and then huddled back into bed.  As the morning went on, although chilly, all that arctic weather of the last couple of days seems to have blown itself away and the blue sky was enough to want to get out and run.  So I did circuits around my neighbourhood to hit 5km.  Thought you might have gotten sick of my running selfies, so here's a shoe selfie !!



Love my Mizunos!

5 comments:

Matilda said...

I'm so looking forward to summer. Yay, it's on it's way, hurry up and get here!
Good luck with the no junk food challenge. It will be hard work, but so worth it.
Love the shoe selfie too.

Ingi said...

Ok!I'm in! No junk in August. Plus 12wbt. Let's do it! ps:I never get sick of your selfies!

Ingi said...

omg! That video is too funny! I have tears, I tell you!

Pink Penny said...

Looking forward to doing the August round with you Carol.

Anonymous said...

Nice shoe!!!

That Jog strap is hillarious!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am totally ready for some warmer weather!!!