Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I didn't melt, fancy that !

Planned a 5km run tonight, my second training session for the week for the MInd Body Motion km-athon and when I parked and got out of the car I figured I was in for a battering when I saw the waves. Eeeek.  


Off I set and just on 2km the heavens opened.  What to do?  I did a quick calculation and going back straight away just wasn't going to cut it, it was to be 5km or nothing.  So I kept going.  Go me!  Now you may realise that me and running in the rain do not mix.  But I JFDI!


I finished cold, wet through, achy but with the biggest smuggest self satisfied smile on my face.  I'm back people!!!  First weigh in for the round and 500gram loss.  And still no junk food on the No August Junk Food Challenge.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

super awesome work Carol!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL you don't look that drowned :-)

Sarah L Keating said...

Awesome effort Carol... I actually don't mind running in the wet. As long as it's not torrential. You go girl :)

Ingi said...

Hard core, Carol! Hard core!