Thursday, August 28, 2014

A beautiful almost Spring day

Such an exquisitely beautiful almost-but-not-quite-Spring day today.  Still a few days till Spring but today it was spectacular.  I decided to go out around lunchtime and run and this time decided to run way out of town to a road that is at the base of the mount.  It is a lane full of undulating ups and downs, plus there's a nasty sausage dog in one of the houses.  The sky was the most magnificent colour blue today so even the sausage dog didn't scare me.  Okay well you would be scared too if you heard the yap it made, but I was ready for it as the only other time I'd run up this lane the darn dog chased me (by the way that pic below is not the lane, that's on the way leading up to where I turned off).  So I made sure I mustered the reserves and when that yappy thing started down it's driveway towards the lane I sped on by.  Ha!  Take that sausage dog.

So anyway the reason I wanted to run way out of town today was due to the funeral I went to yesterday.  A dear old man, a farmer who lived on the mount, always had a nice word and a twinkle in his eye and called me "darlin'".  Actually he called everyone "darlin'" but he always made it sound like you were special.   So I wanted to run up there as I knew it was a hard slog and it was where he lived so it was with Eddie in mind that I ran today.  And how absolutely fitting as I was heading past his house that Loch Lomond by the Borderers came on my running track.  Timing is everything as this man was Scottish.


Don't you just want to bottle that blue sky, it was glorious.  So I was at the very far point of my run and had hit Ararat Road, which I don't like running along because there are big trucks that lumber past, so had to get over on the grass a number of times.  So here I was ready to turn and head back into town.  Glorious day.  A nice cruisey 7km run.   Felt good.



So apparently yesterday was National Dog Day and I kept seeing pics flooding facebook of people's dogs.  So I decided it should be International Dog Day and join in.  Although laugh's on us, as every day is dog day in the G House!  Pics below taken yesterday of the terror and his old sister.  Molly was giving me her "if I must" look!



And on the scrapping front I have to share this page I recently put together.  Saxon's dad took this really funny pic and it was too good to pass up, it needed to be immortalised in a scrapbook page.


Supplies by Designer Digitals.

So end of the week tomorrow, I think a bit of shopping is in order, plus if I'm having a good hair day I might go get my driver's licence renewed and cross fingers I get a good photo this time!  Eeeek.

And PS to Chloe, the long Nikes  which I took out for a test run the other day were actually not too bad, the zipper wasn't a problem at all.  They came way way down, whereas my only other long tights are the 2XU ones and I show my ankle with those.  So maybe in the Nike world I would be considered a short stuff, who knows.  But all good, they are good cold weather tights for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The 2XU's are short aren't they!!!

I got bailed up by a chiwawa when I was in primary school - mum came out of the ladies house in Ellerslie to find me sitting on the bonnet of the car crying so I understand your fear of the bloody sausage dog LOL. These day's I'd give it a quick nudge with my foot if I felt in danger :-)

Looks like a beautiful day in the southwest - more to come I beleive!

Great scaparazzi!!!